X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 TPWD Loyalty points

Weren't enough for GDE
    Attached Files

my 18 weren't either. Someone will show up with 2 pts and a selection.

Comment

Ridiculous

Comment

Same here, 22 points.

Comment

My dad is right behind you and he was drawn for muzzleloader deer some 30 years ago and hasn't sniffed a draw since.

Comment

**** I got like 6 points. Only thing I ever put in for is Matagorda Island. Might never get to hunt out there. Lol

Comment

I feel like you should have got Chap with that many points. I assume if it was split one would have drawn.

Comment

This is depressing
                I drew alligator permits back to back 1st tryouts
                Then nilgai 1st try

My entire list is still pending for the year

Comment

Spoke with TPWD this week and asked if a certain percentage is allocated to 1st timer's. He claimed it is all random and no allocations for applicants with 0 loyalty points.

1 for 23 so far this year. Sill waiting for Ed McMahon to show up at my door and tell me I drew a Big Horn hunt.

Comment

That's depressing.

Why call it loyalty if you can't get a tag after 30 years..

I know it hurts my odds, but maybe 50% of tags go to those with 20 points or more in a separate drawing. If they don't get drawn in that pool they get put back into the normal pool and still have a chance to draw out of the 50% remaining..

I imagine the number of draw participants in the past 5 years has sky rocketed, they need to adjust the system to help those with high points.

Comment

27 for GDE for us and no draw

Comment

Not 30, 30 cubed. Our 20+ weren't enough either. TPWD throw this man a bone!

Originally posted by SCHC View Post
                        Spoke with TPWD this week and asked if a certain percentage is allocated to 1st timer's. He claimed it is all random and no allocations for applicants with 0 loyalty points.

1 for 23 so far this year. Sill waiting for Ed McMahon to show up at my door and tell me I drew a Big Horn hunt.
                        I'm convinced that's a lie, I know too many who got drawn early including myself, mule deer archery. They get you hooked on the crack.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 09-16-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Do you look at the odds and draw percentage? For most rifle hunts for bucks you are at a 1 in 500 chance. For most hunts for does its 4 percent and management is like 1 percent. With cubed status, I have no idea what the odds are, but I pray the odds will be forever in your favor.

Comment

Even with 30 points if the average number of points in GDE draw is 12 points then you have something like a 7% chance of getting drawn for the Chap. If the average is 15 points you have about a 4% chance. At an average of 8 points you still have an 80% chance of NOT getting drawn w 30 points.

Seems many underestimate how low the odds are of getting drawn for some of these hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve said this before but I wish TPWD would make a certain percent, say 25 percent available to only 20 plus points applicants or something similar, and then the remainder everyone goes in pot. It wouldn’t be that difficult to reward long time applicants better than the random drawing system in place now. Unfortunately I believe the main goal now is lots of applications earning TPWD $3 each. I know there are more and more people and applicants but since switching to online applications and then allowing unlimited entries per category it has definitely gotten harder to draw. I guess our best hope for the future is more public lands becoming available for draws. Oh well I’ll keep applying anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X