Netflix documentary - 14 Peaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix documentary - 14 Peaks

Watched this last night and was impressed. There is some extremely good photography and cinematography work. The film follows a professional climber who summits all 8,000m+ peaks in record time. I believe he broke 6 world climbing records in this effort.

Pretty amazing what these guys can do.

yeah it was a great show, his podcast on rogan was pretty good too. interesting and exceptional dude.

Comment

Haven't seen that one, but the Alpinist was really good and it sounds similar. He does climbs like those solo and without and safety ropes.

Comment

Been meaning to watch this. I will check it out for sure now. Did you guys watch the Alipinist? Documented one guys climbs and was pretty interesting. The guy is pretty weird but I imagine that is par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          Been meaning to watch this. I will check it out for sure now. Did you guys watch the Alipinist? Documented one guys climbs and was pretty interesting. The guy is pretty weird but I imagine that is par for the course.
          Never seen it!

Comment

Wife and I watched this a few weeks ago and we both thought it was good. Us agreeing on the same shows says a lot about it.

Comment

Entertaining for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                Watched this last night and was impressed. There is some extremely good photography and cinematography work. The film follows a professional climber who summits all 8,000m+ peaks in record time. I believe he broke 6 world climbing records in this effort.

Pretty amazing what these guys can do.
                I downloaded it on my ipad to take with me hunting one weekend. About 15 minutes in I stopped watching. It deserved a bigger screen. Glad I did watch on my TV

Comment

I haven't seen that one but it's on the list now.

This guy is pretty normal it would seem, classic type-a super competitive adrenaline junkie. He is Nepali and was a member of their elite military unit called the Gherka (sp) before joining the British SAS. The interesting thing is this guys ability to function in low oxygen environments. The guys O2 stat and recovery are in excess of lance armstrong even when he was on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                    I haven't seen that one but it's on the list now.

This guy is pretty normal it would seem, classic type-a super competitive adrenaline junkie. He is Nepali and was a member of their elite military unit called the Gherka (sp) before joining the British SAS. The interesting thing is this guys ability to function in low oxygen environments. The guys O2 stat and recovery are in excess of lance armstrong even when he was on steroids.
                    If you have HBO Max check out 100 foot wave. I thought it was super interesting even though I am not into surfing similiarly like I am not into mountain climbing. It was just cool. Something seems a little off about the guy the show revolves around, he seems like kind of an A hole but all the super competetive guys at the top of their sport like Jordan and Tiger can come accross as jerks.

Comment

that guy is a horse! his climbing abilities / stamina compared to everyone else around him was amazing. good flick.

Comment

…I’m fascinated by those guys. They climbed Everest in record time with no acclimation, on the same day they summitted Lhotse. Just insane…. Imagine that it was multiple guys not just the main character…

Comment

Just finished it. Super impressive. That guy must be living right because it is incredible that the weather cooperated enough for them to make the climbs.

Comment

Just finished it. Super impressive. That guy must be living right because it is incredible that the weather cooperated enough for them to make the climbs.
                            I've read a lot of mountaineering books and this was my first thought after watching. So many climbs are killed by the weather. Seemed like they hit it right a lot of the time.

Comment

Bad dudes! I don't even want to climb 14 flights of stairs in that many weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X