Towing a broke down horse trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing a broke down horse trailer

We have a three horse slant load trailer that’s been sitting for 12 years that we are trying to get towed to the trailer shop here in Tomball.

Would have to be towed on a flatbed of some kind since we can’t get under it to change tires or even know if it would roll safely afterwards.

Anyone know somebody that could tow this thing? Is it even possible?

Triple A premiere service says not covered and none of the towing companies we have called so far are willing to pick it up either

I don't know anyone to help. Sure seems you could put downward pressure on tongue or lift the same and block/jack to get tires/wheels changed. Not possible?

Comment

Have you asked the trailer company how they deal with transport of trailers needing repair? No idea otherwise.

Comment

Get that thing jacked up check/repack the bearings, slap some tires on it and drag it to the trailer shop.

Comment

ASAP trailer on 2920?

David the owner is a good dude, Id stop by and explain to him. He might get someone to come look at it where it sits.

Comment

hook on to it and pull it forward some ,it has probably sunk down since its been sitting for 12 years, then you can get a jack underneath it

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              ASAP trailer on 2920?

David the owner is a good dude, Id stop by and explain to him. He might get someone to come look at it where it sits.
              This^^^^^^^^

Comment

if it's too low to get a jack under it use a tractor 3 point rear lift or front end loader with chains to lift it up, block it and change tires and repack bearings and away you go.

Comment

https://www.harborfreight.com/48-in-...xoCk8wQAvD_BwE Raise it up and pull wheels, pack bearings and put on good tires. Off you go. Besides, erbody needs a hi lift tractor jack.

Comment

Hook it to truck. Pull the tire/rim, etc up on a 4x4. This should give you clearance to put a jack under it.

Comment

We were able to get a floor jack under it and a couple new wheel/tire combos from tractor supply, borrowed the neighbors impact wrench and got it limped over to ASAP

Thanks for the info and advice gents, not how we expected to get this done this morning but alls well that ends well

Comment

For a little more context:

This trailer was not on my property, it’s on my deceased FIL’s and has just been sitting for 12 years. Trailer has good bones just needs some TLC and maintenance. We didn’t have any of the tools needed to get under it on location, but lucky the neighbor over there we know had everything we needed and time to kill

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

This trailer was not on my property, it’s on my deceased FIL’s and has just been sitting for 12 years. Trailer has good bones just needs some TLC and maintenance. We didn’t have any of the tools needed to get under it on location, but lucky the neighbor over there we know had everything we needed and time to kill
                          Always nice to have good neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

That's the best kind of neighbor.

Comment

Working...
                            X