No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all good. Recognized you and remembered myself and txoutdoorsman24 giving you BS last year in the thread below in fun

Comment

Any one attending tomorrows orientation?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be there. Planning on coming down in the morning and staying until Monday afternoon.

Comment

Ignore Silver Alert signs with Texas plate BR549.

Comment

Is that silver alert for you or me? My kids would only call in with the silver alert when the insurance said they needed a body or no check.

Ok. That's not really true. They'd already know where the body is.

Comment

Think they can issue dual silver alerts but then most old guys look the same. What's the limit on TDC escapees?

Comment

are there any roads/atv trails that go into the western half of BLB or are they all on the eastern side? I can't seen anything from the satellite images.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                  are there any roads/atv trails that go into the western half of BLB or are they all on the eastern side? I can't seen anything from the satellite images.
                  \

Call Kyle the biologist to get your questions answered. I did not think to ask him about this. However, the west side he did mention is the lowest part and will hold water first. ATV I think anywhere would be fine to drive as it is mainly open mature hardwoods. Don't think a trail is needed....I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                    Yes, there is paths on west side. The main one takes you all the way to the river. Very nice looking over there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. The entire west side is my stand. You'll have to pack into the east side

I didn't see a single hog the three days I was out there this year. Did see a couple of possible shooters opening morning. Didn't get a good front view of either but the mass had possibilities.

This was the first hunt I used a saddle. I liked that it was light weight. I need to work on the platform. Monday I got in the stand very quietly and quickly. I'm getting the hang of it.

Comment

Been following this thread, how did you guys do this year that have gone already, any tips or notes? I'm taking my son out there in December and it'll be both of our first Public Land Hunt.

Comment

There were deer killed. Last I heard a spike and a couple does. I had to leave Monday due to an emergency so I don't know what happened after that. Several hogs killed and boatloads seen. As I said in an earlier post, I didn't see a hog this year. Very strange. If we don't get much rain you should be able to drive most places, although a UTV is more convenient. We drew squirrel in December so I'm heading back out there. And then again in Feb for hog. Freezers empty. I can't talk about the east side as I've never hunted it. I saw less sign on the west side than last year.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Ive never been there but im hopeful. Im going late December for deer.

Comment

lol at bird

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Anybody else going November 6-15?
                                I only live about an hour away but plan on camping 4 or 5 days, depending on weather.
                                I am going to be Hunting Gus Engeling WMA Archery Either Sex Deer Nov. 14,15, 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X