My Kids Got Drawn At Mineral Wells!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Kids Got Drawn At Mineral Wells!

Got the email this afternoon. I read the thread from the youth hunt that was there last year. It seemed like everyone had good things to say.

Does anybody know if they would possibly let me bring my wife so that we can split the kids up and they can get more hunting done?

Congrats
    I’d say yes

My oldest was drawn 6-7 years ago & they were very accommodating with everyone hunting.
    Give them a call and ask, never know

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
      Congrats
      I’d say yes

My oldest was drawn 6-7 years ago & they were very accommodating with everyone hunting.
      Give them a call and ask, never know
      Gonna call tomorrow!

Did y'all camp there or stay in town?

Comment

Everyone we've been to would allow it a couple even let my oldest sit alone since he had hunters Ed.

Good luck!

Comment

I stayed in town. Lot of people shot deer when I was there. Hopefully you get a stand close to the campgrounds. The people with these spots shot deer easily. My spot was looking across a blacktop road about 40 yards at a hillside thicket. I saw 1 little/tiny doe but did not shoot. Can win them all. Had a great time seeing the country. The guys conducting the hunt were pretty easy going, I don't see them having a problem.

Comment

Congrats. I put my son in for it but he didn't draw. We drew Balcones last year so ce la vie. He said he would rather hunt ducks anyway. We ride bikes out there some. Should be a good crop of deer.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              Gonna call tomorrow!

Did y'all camp there or stay in town?

We camped on site, cooked with a fire & had a great time.
              Went to eat in town one evening at the steak house on the east side of town

Comment

Woody's used to have good hamburgers. It's a bar, but still good hamburgers.

Comment

I called and talked to a lady who must be misinformed. She said we aren't allowed to camp at the park during the hunt when it clearly says we can on the paper work I received. She did say my wife could come and chaperone my kids with me. I didn't argue with her but did leave my nimber and asked for the superintendent to call me back.
                  Good timing because we are hoping to close the deal on a new to us camper this week that we can take on this hunt.

Comment

I called and talked to a lady who must be misinformed. She said we aren't allowed to camp at the park during the hunt when it clearly says we can on the paper work I received. She did say my wife could come and chaperone my kids with me. I didn't argue with her but did leave my nimber and asked for the superintendent to call me back.
                    Good timing because we are hoping to close the deal on a new to us camper this week that we can take on this hunt.

I’m pretty sure she was mistaken. Y’all should have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're only 17 miles from mwsp. We've seen a good number of deer while riding out there. If your hunt ends early there's decent fishing for crappie in the lake. It's a good kayak lake. There's a store with some food but a grocery store is only a couple miles away.
                      There's decent rifle and archery ranges nearby if you need them. Closest academy is Weatherford. Both mw and Weatherford have the big box store which shall no longer be named.
                      All the usual fast food suspects are only 3 miles or so away.
                      The Vietnam war museum is a half mile from the entrance.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        We're only 17 miles from mwsp. We've seen a good number of deer while riding out there. If your hunt ends early there's decent fishing for crappie in the lake. It's a good kayak lake. There's a store with some food but a grocery store is only a couple miles away.
                        There's decent rifle and archery ranges nearby if you need them. Closest academy is Weatherford. Both mw and Weatherford have the big box store which shall no longer be named.
                        All the usual fast food suspects are only 3 miles or so away.
                        The Vietnam war museum is a half mile from the entrance.

Good luck.
                        Thanks for all the info! We were planning on bringing our kayak!

Comment

we've applied there every year, never picked. Success percentage is always high there.
                          Good luck!

Comment

Got confirmation that we can camp at the park and already have a spot booked.

I spoke with the head lady there and she is checking with her contact in Austin about letting my wife be a chaperone so that my kids can split up.

Comment

Got confirmation that we can camp at the park and already have a spot booked.

I spoke with the head lady there and she is checking with her contact in Austin about letting my wife be a chaperone so that my kids can split up.

She’s good people. She was in charge of Colorado Bend when my daughter drew there and they did a great job there both during that hunt and the second time we visited just to see more of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X