No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an FYI, if you have an 11u or 12u team next year, I highly recommend the Ripken Experience. Great venue (no admission charge and you can bring in your own cooler), amazing scenery, and the staff are amazing. They announce, have walkup and mid inning music, and operate the scoreboard every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Generals made the Rockwall newspaper [emoji1][emoji1]. And of course my little clown and his bleached hair is all over the pics lol.

I'd love to do the Ripken tourney next year, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

Well we got smoked 3 times, but we got better. That is painful to watch when the pitcher is struggling, and you know the next guy won’t be much better.

Snoop enjoyed it, he even started our first game. Sure looks like he’s throwing harder in the field than from that mound.[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Well we got smoked 3 times, but we got better. That is painful to watch when the pitcher is struggling, and you know the next guy won’t be much better.

Snoop enjoyed it, he even started our first game. Sure looks like he’s throwing harder in the field than from that mound.[emoji23]

That **** rubber strip makes them try to aim...
            We got guys that can nail home from 220 feet on a line.. but put them on the mound and you got rainbow throws the size of micky D's golden arches coming in..

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Kid went 3 innings this morning For the team he stayed to throw for. Was a good outing. Struck out 5 and gave up a run on a passed ball. Kid could not catch him well. Kid had never caught anyone over 83 and never seen a splitter. His coach that recruited him was there and liked it. It will be weight room and eating time. Play next weekends tourney at TCU
              So your kid stayed and threw for the 16u team too?

Comment

eradicator- yes he did. He had someone he wanted to throw for that was not coming in until Thursday night. Threw Friday and we flew out. He couldn't just throw as it was a turf mound and his plant foot was spinning out when he tried get way out front. He actually had to pitch instead of chunk.
                Attached Files

Comment

Our team won the 14U tournament this weekend in Dripping Springs. My son also won the homerun derby.

Comment

Baseball camp at TCU this week - Kiddo wanted to get out there and mess around. Will be there with a few teammates.

All this top / bottom / platinum / silver bracket stuff kinda gets on my nerves.

When you have divisions with 30+40 teams - If you win, its a dang good accomplishment no matter where you are.

Jax finally started hitting again during his WS, became contagious and the kids finally started showing signs of life. Proud of his season for his team. They absolutely love him and the way he plays. Means a lot considering the season he had at the plate. His defense has been fun to watch. His efforts are getting to be very very smooth, and the way he goes after it has been a treat.

Fun hearing about the older kids. Good luck to yall!

Comment

eradicator- yes he did. He had someone he wanted to throw for that was not coming in until Thursday night. Threw Friday and we flew out. He couldn't just throw as it was a turf mound and his plant foot was spinning out when he tried get way out front. He actually had to pitch instead of chunk.
                      Heck, we should have hooked up. I was out there with our 17's. We got beat in the second round of the playoff on Thursday. Kids played well all week and picked up a couple of commitments on the trip. Sure good to be back and out of Atlanta though!

Comment

Played a V Tool this weekend. Kid drove up and pitched Saturday morning. Had one of those deals in 2nd inning where foul ball coming from another field and catcher was throwing back to him. He caught it in the mouth. loosened two teeth, tooth through lip - took a few minutes to get mouth to slow down bleeding and pitched another 3 innings. He gave up a run on one hit in 5 1/3 innings. We have two more tournaments to go - DBU and Balor. Coach went first half of Summer with kid coming out of the bullpen so he could put him in situations and last two weeks he has switched over to starting. Went 74 pitches yesterday and could tell he was getting tired. We will see what he can do over the next two weeks. It is kinda cool to watch how they use these kids to set them up for the future.

Comment

Ouch.. sounds like hes a gamer though.
                          Its cool hearing how these upper level programs work and the processes. Thanks

Comment

Our 9u black major team (tans old team) is in FL for the demarini elite 32 tourney this week.
                            Tough competition...

Comment

Played a V Tool this weekend. Kid drove up and pitched Saturday morning. Had one of those deals in 2nd inning where foul ball coming from another field and catcher was throwing back to him. He caught it in the mouth. loosened two teeth, tooth through lip - took a few minutes to get mouth to slow down bleeding and pitched another 3 innings. He gave up a run on one hit in 5 1/3 innings. We have two more tournaments to go - DBU and Balor. Coach went first half of Summer with kid coming out of the bullpen so he could put him in situations and last two weeks he has switched over to starting. Went 74 pitches yesterday and could tell he was getting tired. We will see what he can do over the next two weeks. It is kinda cool to watch how they use these kids to set them up for the future.
                              thats good stuff man, hope he is ok.

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Our 9u black major team (tans old team) is in FL for the demarini elite 32 tourney this week.
                              Tough competition...
                              brocks old team is out there as well, they play this morning. it will be interesting to see how they stack up.

logans coach has already greased the skids with us that he wants to try to go to it next year, just seems like everyone i have talked that has been say it was a beatdown and they would never do it again.

its about to get interesting for brock, his teams future us still up in the air so it may be tryout season for us...

Comment

Playing right now..
                                Usssalive.com

Really like this format and media
                                Kids feeling like big leaguers

Comment

Working...
                                X