Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, that didn't go as planned! At least nobody got hurt.... yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that didn't go as planned! At least nobody got hurt.... yet.

A buddy and I went to TSC this afternoon to buy me a new gun safe, the big one, the 80 gun. Picked it up, got it home and started offloading it. Got it off the trailer and as I'm lowering the jack to set it down on the furniture dolly, BOOM, the sucker tipped over and fell, face first on the driveway! Luckily it landed on some lumber and maybe didn't destroy the mechanism, but I won't know until we can get it stood up. I've spent a couple hours trying to lift it, using leverage, a come along, cribbing, currently waiting on my brother to bring a bobcat with forks.

What kinda damage should I expect? Don't think the lock hit the ground, but one spoke of the handle did land on a 2x4. Ot doesn't look bent, but it's hard to tell by looking under the safe.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There have been a lot of people seriously injured moving safes without the proper equipment or knowhow. Be careful

Comment

**** could have been worse

But I gotta ask....pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing you weren't under it. Friend of mine had a refrigerator fall on him and broke both legs.

Comment

We have a TBHer that dose safe moving. Or he used to. Very reasonable. And well worth it! I was of little help. He mostly got it out of his truck and positioned in my house by him self for the most part. I tried to help where I could.

Comment

In the future take the door off during moving. This cuts the weight drastically!

Comment

I bought a large one a few years ago. Refrigerator dolly and 4 good friends. It was still a chore, but safe. Get enough people there. Easier to have an extra hand, than someone hurt bad.
              B

Comment

Well, we got it stood back up, but the tractor died and won't restart. Damage isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Dent and scuffs on the case, but otherwise seems functional, I'll know more once I get it off the forks and can look inside it.

Comment

That’s why I paid to have my big liberty safe moved. That thing is stupid heavy.

Comment

Here's a pic, I'll see if I can upload video from my security cameras of the fall later.

Comment

I was getting ready to buy my dad one from TSC but worried about getting it home. Now I may pay someone to move it. I hope yours is functional.

Comment

TSC had it delivered to my door. Had a lift on back of truck and a portable hydraulic fork lift to place it exactly where I wanted it.

Comment

Thats a big arse safe

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                            Thats a big arse safe
                            Yes it is.

Comment

I bought a big Cannon safe and it took 3 big guys to get it on the dolly and into the house. We only moved it about 30 feet but it kicked our butts!
                              Last edited by AlaskaFlyerFan; 01-19-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X