Martin Dies Jr youth bow antlerless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Dies Jr youth bow antlerless

Daughter drew this state park for January. Anyone have any insight. I understand they will take us to her blind. Mosquitoes in January? Hogs?

Never seen any hogs in the park but tons in the area. If you have an option I see more deer on the north side of 190 than the south.

Comment

My family property is less than a mile away from the park and we are covered up in hogs, but we only see them at night...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info. There are only 5 youth hunters in the park. We are camping at the Hen House unit which I think is south of 190. Hard to tell from the park map. If the north end doesn't have campgrounds I expect that is where we will hunt.

Comment

The park is on both sides of hwy 190 with camps on both sides henhouse is south side and walnut ridge is north. My son went on a youth squirrel hunt there one year and all hunters hunted the north side.

Comment

How’d the hunt go?

Comment

We saw a lot of deer. They were very skittish but we did have one doe at 27 yards. She busted us when my daughter moved to draw. I have video of two bucks at 20 yards for about 4 minutes. The hunt was well organized and the tpwd staff were very helpful. We had a good time despite the rain and cold. All the youth were troopers and spent a lot of blind time hunting. I would apply next year but she will be too old. It was good to meet the staff and other hunters and hope they chime in on their experience.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome time. My son was drawn as well. Couldn’t make it. Had to pick up his steer for FFA. He was bummed.

Comment

Working...
                X