AR Parts Swap Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
    Did you look in the tread of whatever you were wearing on your feet?

That's a good idea. Ultimately I never found it but I learned that True Value hardware stores sell them for 11¢ each.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      That's a good idea. Ultimately I never found it but I learned that True Value hardware stores sell them for 11¢ each.

Now that is one of them there golden nuggets of information. Thanks for sharing that, I'm 100% certain that's gonna save my butt in the future. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 16" 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt that I would trade.

I need a mid length gas tube, if y'all have one lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          I have a 16" 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt that I would trade.

I need a mid length gas tube, if y'all have one lying around.
          What bolt and barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
            What bolt and barrel?
            I need to look. I bought it from a guy in N.Y., but I decided to up grade to a match grade Shilen barrel.
            It's only had maybe 50 - 60 rounds down the pipe.

Comment

Well Christmas came early got home from work and my wife gave me my AR nothing fancy just a DPMS but it is a beginning now to fix it up.

Comment

First, congrats and welcome to the addiction.

Only two things that need to be done right away. First is a trigger. Search here, there are numerous threads about them. Second is a free floating forearm if it doesn't have one already. If you have an A2 style fixed front sight, you will need another gas block to go with the forearm.

For triggers, I would make a short drive up to Primary Arms in Pearland. They have the bulk of their triggers installed in dummy lowers that you can coon finger and see which one you like for your budget.

Comment

Well I got my 10.5" 300blk upper Tuesday, pistol buffer and shockwave brace yesterday and supposed to meet Scorpion King today to get the lower. What was supposed to be just a new upper for my current AR has quickly turned into a full pistol build.

Comment

Don't make the mistake of shooting that 10.5" with full power loads without hearing protection. Mine was brutal to shoot until I got the can for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                      I need to look. I bought it from a guy in N.Y., but I decided to up grade to a match grade Shilen barrel.
                      It's only had maybe 50 - 60 rounds down the pipe.
                      The barrel is made by Anderson, 16".

Comment

I thought I'd heard em all but coonfinger is a new one for me. Had to look it up lol.

Trout, if I were you I'd shoot the gun first. That way, when you replace the trigger, you'll appreciate it more.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                          Well I got my 10.5" 300blk upper Tuesday, pistol buffer and shockwave brace yesterday and supposed to meet Scorpion King today to get the lower. What was supposed to be just a new upper for my current AR has quickly turned into a full pistol build.
                          It usually happens that way!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                            Will that UTG rail work on a mid length system?
                            Negative, Carbine and it is spoken for.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                              Don't make the mistake of shooting that 10.5" with full power loads without hearing protection. Mine was brutal to shoot until I got the can for it.
                              Point taken.

Originally posted by Team Porkchop View Post
                              It usually happens that way!

Comment

If anyone is interested

Never Shot Spikes Tactical Spider Complete Lower. Factory lower except for the Daniel Defense Pistol Grip ( Installation is simplified by the fact the integral trigger guard doesn’t require a roll pin so there is a reduced chance of damaging the lower receiver) and stock. Yes I broke one of the Trigger Guard Pivot Pin Housings (Will not effect function of the lower) $200.00. Sights and Stripped Lower in picture are not available
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-15-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X