Reliable feeder timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    So your timer runs on 10 AA batteries? Or the timer and feeder?
    Timer and feeder

Comment

Game Country USA is the hunter’s choice for “set it and forget it” wildlife feeder mechanisms.

Not your daddy’s old solar eye feeder.

Don’t have to adjust for length of day. I get tired of adjusting my year around feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
        I like the Texas hunter products. Been going for 10+ years with no problems
        Got two that are 10+ years old and two On Time that are the same age. Have had zero problems with either, but I have spares if needed. I hunt small spots with thick brush so I don't want a feeder that throws 50' and more.

Got a couple of moultrie timers too that work just fine.

Comment

25 yrs using triple c. Best on market in my opinion.

Comment

I like the timer.

We also have a bunch of Spin-Cast units on the lease that have been there over a decade and are pretty bomb-proof. (6v only though)

Comment

the benefit of the timer and HCR timer units is they have their own batteries so they don't drain the 12V. I have run new 12V for a year without a solar panel with both the timer and HCR timers.

Comment

No All Season guys here? I have had great luck with them going on twenty years no issues.

Comment

I love my Triple C 6V unit. I got the complete package with varmint cage, solar panel and timer box. It's built like a tank, and I've yet to have a single issue with the motor or the timer in the four years I've had it out. Still running on the same battery with the Triple C solar panel it came with. It throws as hard as my 12V feeder.

I do love my The Timer unit on my other feeder, but I've had issues with buttons going out, having to push harder each time until they finally don't work, etc. They replaced it no questions asked.

Hard to go wrong with either Triple C or The Timer. I battled crappy timers and feeders for years until I invested some money in some better units. Haven't looked back since.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post

This setup?
                    I have one of these setups. Super strong motor and built very well. It's held up for years. It's my backup in case one of my others goes out, but I test it every couple of years. It was most recently on a feeder that was flooded. The Timer crapped out but the feeder motor itself still works fine when tested with another timer.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                      We have had really good luck with the cheap Moultrie pros. They have been running for 4-6 years on different ones we have. On a good energizer battery they will last just about all year long. And they only cost $40.
                      I've had great luck with the older Moultrie timers. I have 2 that have been running all year for almost 10 years. Hogs knocked down one feeder this year and busted off the timer. It laid in the mud and water for 2 weeks and still worked. A 6 volt energizer battery usually lasts 2 years in them.

I bought one of the newly designed ones with the plastic twist-lock mount last March and it didn't last 6 months before it quit working.

I also have an old Magnum 6 volt that has been feeding every day for 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                        I also have an old Magnum 6 volt that has been feeding every day for 12 years.
                        I was wondering if anyone uses the Magnum timers. That's all I have used in the last 15 years. Very dependable. They were built in Stafford Tx by an old electrical engineer who refused to outsource to China. I think Magnum has been bought out but I think they are still all made in the USA in Rosharon Tx. Hope the quality stays the same.

Last edited by Monark; 01-21-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Triple C, been running them for 20 + years, simple and easy

Comment

Working...
                          X