.223 Keyhole / Tumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
    Here's your issue. I bet they cheaped out or inadvertently used 5.45x39mm bullets which is a similar Russian round using a .220 bullet
    That was my 1st guess, but according to my calipers they are the same dimension as the Black Hills match rounds that I had.

AND wouldn't one expect a sub sized round to shoot poorly in both ARs?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      AND wouldn't one expect a sub sized round to shoot poorly in both ARs?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. While the groove diameter is speced, the land height, shape, and number are whatever the manufacturer feels is best. I've seen barrels with the same twist, similar length, and same ammo have different cutoff points on what grain bullet they will stabilize.

Only you know how many rounds are down the tube and whether the barrel might be shot out. Doesn't seem like it is if it still shoots good with your other ammo. You might want to give it a cleaning with a copper solvent. My only other guess is whatever crap bullets they are using aren't holding up in your bore.

Comment

I think most things are covered in previous posts. The only other thing you can do is hand feed them into the chamber in case the feeding action is causing an issue with the cheaper ammo.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a look at the crown of the barrel. I'm wondering if there is damage or a grove that wasn't cut all the way through or something. Something that would be causing instability in the projectile as it leaves the barrel.

Comment

Working...
          X