No announcement yet.

Trying to find a pack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exo Mountain Gear 2000 is an amazing day pack. I have had 100 lbs in it. There is a video on the interweb where Steve the owner has 250 lbs or so walking around.

Comment

I have an EXO frame and 3500 pack, would love to grab a 2000 bag sometime although the 3500 works fine for day hunts also. Most day hunts I’m using the Mystery Ranch Crest if I don’t plan to pack an animal out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
        Look at Osprey pack. they are some of the best.
        I agree . Only packs I have now, besides a weatherproof Arcteryx I never use. Over the yrs I have replaced everything with Osprey.

Comment

Only go with a Fram pack if you plan on hiking out meat (weight). Kuiu has plenty of gripes regarding hiking out weight. If you're gonna haul meat I'd pick an exo, kifaru, mystery ranch or stone glacier. I use an exo 2000/3500 depending on where im going (may have to haul meat) and a badlands super day for stand hunting on the lease. Both are perfect for their specific needs. The exo, while a great day pack, is too big to fit in a blind. The badlands can't haul meat comfortably.

Comment

I have an EXO 3500 I use for any hunting out here in NM. It's been awesome so far. Very comfortable. Pricey, but worth every penny. They even sent me a Christmas card!

Comment

I recently bought a Mystery Ranch Metcalf. I have used it as a day pack which was great. But, I wanted an all-in-one pack that I can use for day hunting, or for packing out an elk in the future.

Comment

Comment

Kuiu packs are pretty good for the price, they tend to not handle heavy loads that well though.

I run a Kifaru frame and it's going to be really hard to beat one of the "big name" frame pack guys, Kifaru, Exo, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, all make really good gear for hauling meat.

Check the Rokslide classifieds, you can score good deals on used frames and bags there

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    I recently bought a Mystery Ranch Metcalf. I have used it as a day pack which was great. But, I wanted an all-in-one pack that I can use for day hunting, or for packing out an elk in the future.
                    This is what I have and love it. Took it on a 7 day elk hunt last year and worked great. It can carry a bunch of gear if needed or compress down for great day pack

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Kuiu packs are pretty good for the price, they tend to not handle heavy loads that well though.

I run a Kifaru frame and it's going to be really hard to beat one of the "big name" frame pack guys, Kifaru, Exo, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, all make really good gear for hauling meat.

Check the Rokslide classifieds, you can score good deals on used frames and bags there
                      Rokslide can save you tons of money on high end gear

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                        I forgot I also have a 15% off KUIU coupon for new customers. PM me if you’d like it, I think it can be used multiple times. I’m not affiliated with them, just happy with the stuff I’ve used.
                        Is that kuiu coupon still good?

Comment

Working...
                        X