So grateful to APR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So grateful to APR

So, I killed many animals with the first APR build and though this rifle shoots absolutely brilliantly......it was a tad heavy to carry for long hikes which I realized last year I love to do. As a result, I called and asked if they could build me a second one but lighter.

Obviously they said yes and so I picked the colors and sat and waited. Got the rifle in and when I went to get it from my ffl his words were “that’s so light it’s going to kick like a mule” and laughed. I said no, I didn’t believe he was correct in his assumption but as a female......I’m used to arrogant men telling me “about life”.

Well, I have to admit when I squeezed the first round off I had his words in my mind and shouldered much tighter than I would have normally. This beauty, for anyone looking at building a light weight EXTREMELY accurate rifle, is flawless. I was right and he was very wrong (as usual).

I shot sub moa with Berger 140’s, 156’s and Hornady 143’s. I started at 50 yards and worked through the first 6 rounds with ease. I don’t believe it “kicked” anymore than my first build. I ran 15 rounds down and settled at 100 yards. I was too lazy to go get my target but I’ll shoot more next week and post some photos.

Thank you to Robert and the team at Alamo Precision Rifles for another work of art that’s sure to get packed plenty of miles and bring home lots of game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What caliber you get it in?

Good looking rifle. I had one built by WTO for that exact same purpose that is almost a clone of that one other than color and no brake.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great looking rifle!

Comment

Misty, So pleased you you finally got to shoot it. I told you a kid could get behind it! lol. Let me know if we need to adjust lop. I fully expect you to post dead critter pics ASAP!

Comment

Assuming 6.5 prc? With a break, will take away that recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            Misty, So pleased you you finally got to shoot it. I told you a kid could get behind it! lol. Let me know if we need to adjust lop. I fully expect you to post dead critter pics ASAP!

Lol I’m stuck working a lot for the next 6 weeks but I’m going to try and sneak out there in February and kill something! You were right though, it’s a dream to shoot and so far the extra inch hasn’t been difficult to overcome.

Yes, 6.5 PRC. I don’t think I’ll leave this caliber anytime soon. It shoots lights out and I have already developed my load for it. Even in the wind it shoots flat.

Comment

Love the color scheme, great looking rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great looking rifle. Can’t wait to get me an APR one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                  Great looking rifle. Can’t wait to get me an APR one of these days.

Probably going to sell my first build [emoji6]

Comment

What did you build for the first one?

Comment

What a great looking rifle!! Congrats

Comment

Great looking rifle. Love my apr 7mm08

Comment

Very nice! That first build is going to be hard to let go— or it would be if it were mine!

Comment

Sorry guys I was sleeping (night shift)
                            First build is a 6.5 PRC also and shoots everything I’ve given it. I’ll clean it up and get some pictures. It’s sort of hard to give her up but talking to Robert I agree she will most certainly sit in my safe now that I’ve got this one. If I was a big burly man carrying the first one wouldn’t be a problem but seeing as it’s my hunting rig, I found I needed something a little lighter lol.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X