Anyone hunted LosChanares in Argentina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunted LosChanares in Argentina?

Working on a first time trip to Argentina for dove hunting. Anyone ever hunted with this lodge?

I hunted with los ombues about 5 or 6 years ago and can't say enough good things about the outfitters and staff...it was an incredible experience for a wing shooter...one awesome thing was you are very close to the river delta there so we hunted ducks in the a.m. then perdiz mid day behind pointer dogs walking distance from the lodge, then doves in the afternoon. THE SHEER VOLUME AND NUMBERS OF BIRDS WAS INCREDIBLE.

Comment

Not yet, but it is high on the list before I go back to Africa. I have not heard any negatives yet about them in my preliminary research.

Comment

I hunted Los Chanares about 11 years ago, first class operation, I would go back in a heartbeat. PM if you have questions or want more details

Comment

I have been twice and will go back. The great thing is the hunting is all on the same property. Many outfitters drive you an hour away to hunt and keep you in the field all day.
          Great food, comfortable lodge. Great staff and bird boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            I hunted Los Chanares about 11 years ago, first class operation, I would go back in a heartbeat. PM if you have questions or want more details

Thanks. Will send you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
              I have been twice and will go back. The great thing is the hunting is all on the same property. Many outfitters drive you an hour away to hunt and keep you in the field all day.
              Great food, comfortable lodge. Great staff and bird boys.

When was the last time you were there?

Comment

Haven't hunted with them, but a different place. If you are flying to Buenos Aires first and then taking a connecting flight, it is a good idea to fly in a day early as the in-country airline frequently changes flight times making it difficult to make the connection on time. Plus there is plenty to see walking around town and the steakhouses are pretty good.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Deerguy

Comment

Originally posted by Reel Screamer View Post
                    When was the last time you were there?

5 years.

Comment

I have been there twice. That’s the only lodge I have been with. I feel like we researched a bunch and it was the best. We had a great time and fantastic shooting. As mentioned above, it’s nice to hunt a lodge where you don’t leave the property. My last trip was 2 years ago. We went in February both times. I believe that is the peak time for their sunflowers. I would talk to a few references from this past year before you book. I have heard things are down a bit in terms of bird numbers. The rumor I heard was continued pressure on the main roost has fragmented things and the super high volume shooting isn’t there. That could be all bs, I don’t know. Overall, I can’t imagine a better lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                        I have been there twice. That’s the only lodge I have been with. I feel like we researched a bunch and it was the best. We had a great time and fantastic shooting. As mentioned above, it’s nice to hunt a lodge where you don’t leave the property. My last trip was 2 years ago. We went in February both times. I believe that is the peak time for their sunflowers. I would talk to a few references from this past year before you book. I have heard things are down a bit in terms of bird numbers. The rumor I heard was continued pressure on the main roost has fragmented things and the super high volume shooting isn’t there. That could be all bs, I don’t know. Overall, I can’t imagine a better lodge!

Thanks. I actually heard that rumor as well. Definitely worth checking into. I appreciate the info.

Comment

Was there three years ago. Last trip with my dad before he died. Great experience. First class. 1000 birds gets to feel a bit excessive after a couple days. Shot 300 lefty on the last day.

All the hunting minutes from the lodge. Good people. I hope he birds are still there. I was late January. Not sunflower season.

We flew in on an early am arrival and drove taxi across town to the domestic airport then to Cordoba that afternoon. Lodge was an hour or so from Cordoba.

No regrets.

Comment

Following

Comment

Did not hunt with them but I hunted with a white glove ORVIS rated lodge with my nephew 2 years ago and it was super nice and waaaaaaaay more birds than I want to shoot at. I will see if I can remember name of the lodge. EDIT"......found the thread easier, wow........we had a BLAST!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X