Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what Antifa/BLM does to federal buildings... I’m sure some on here will defend this.

Comment

To all who believe that Trump incited violence were you at the march or did you watch Trump speak at the march/rally?
      I watched it and not one time did I think or feel he was inciting violence. Hell I thought he was pretty calm and I remember him saying we will “peacefully” march.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        I am not so much pro trump as I am anti democrat.

I saw nothing wrong with his speech and know that sometimes violence is the only language both sides speak.

When a group refuses to condemn a group that is rioting and then turn and condemn another based solely off of political ideology, they lose the right for sane people to listen to them. ESPECIALLY when one side is causing millions in damage and obviously being intentional with the chaos.

I have no problem with what happened in the capital. Perhaps a bit of tar and a bag of feathers may have helped to make the point.

The media and liberals are continuing to pick a fight. When it comes....you better be on the right side.
        This!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
          Here's the problem....

It doesn't matter when or where the comments were made only that they happened. Why does time and place reduce the fact that they incited violence every bit as much as Trump did if we want to make judgements and assumptions?
          Actually, context matters...a whole lot. Your assertion that a completely unrelated comment made years prior to the summer of 2020 was then responsible for inciting violence in 2020 is unsubstantiated and does not pass muster. The Facebook meme was produced to manipulate those who are easily manipulated by memes.

Comment

More disturbing video on the MAGA insurrection has emerged...

Shocking new Capitol footage shows MAGA mob battering cop with flag poles - and moments later brave officer forcing mob out of Senate - amid fears more violence is planned for next weekend
            • New footage shows a police officer being dragged out of the Capitol during riots by Trump fans Wednesday
            • The unnamed officer attacked by the frenzied mob is believed to be with the DC Metropolitan Police
            • The video is not thought to show Officer Brian Sicknick - a Capitol Police officer who died after the riot
            • Trump supporters beat him with an American flag on a flagpole and with batons as he was face down
            • At around that moment Trump was recording a video saying he 'loved' them and the election was stolen
            • New photos also show the heroism of Eugene Goodman, a Capitol Police officer who held back MAGA rioters
            • Goodman single-handedly distracted the mob from the open Senate chamber and lured them away
            • Calls are growing for Goodman to be awarded the Medal of Valor for preventing a potentially lethal situation
            • Concern is mounting about calls for another march on January 17th, the final Sunday of the Trump presidency

Video in the article below.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eads-away.html

Comment

I see verm is going to ignore the pic above!

Comment

Records show fervent Trump fans fueled US Capitol takeover

https://apnews.com/article/us-capito...a68acd6b55cace

The insurrectionist mob that showed up at the president’s behest and stormed the U.S. Capitol was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, members of the military and adherents of the QAnon myth that the government is secretly controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile cannibals. Records show that some were heavily armed and included convicted criminals, such as a Florida man recently released from prison for attempted murder.

The Associated Press reviewed social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other public records for more than 120 people either facing criminal charges related to the Jan. 6 unrest or who, going maskless amid the pandemic, were later identified through photographs and videos taken during the melee.

The evidence gives lie to claims by right-wing pundits and Republican officials such as Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that the violence was perpetrated by left-wing antifa thugs rather than supporters of the president.

“If the reports are true,” Gaetz said on the House floor just hours after the attack, “some of the people who breached the Capitol today were not Trump supporters. They were masquerading as Trump supporters and, in fact, were members of the violent terrorist group antifa.”

Steven D’Antuono, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office, told reporters that investigators had seen “no indication” antifa activists were disguised as Trump supporters in Wednesday’s riot.

Comment

Here's one for the golfers. It appears the Trump brand has become too toxic for the PGA.

PGA Championship leaving Trump National in ’22 tournament

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...source=Twitter

The PGA of America cut ties to President Donald Trump when it voted Sunday to take the PGA Championship event away from his New Jersey golf course next year.

The vote comes four days after the Trump-fueled riot at the nation’s Capitol as Congress was certifying the election victory of President-elect Joe Biden. This is the second time in just over five years the PGA of America removed one of its events from a Trump course.

PGA President Jim Richerson says the board voted to exercise its right to “terminate the agreement” with Trump National in Bedminster, New Jersey.

“We find ourselves in a political situation not of our making,” Seth Waugh, the CEO of the PGA of America, said in a telephone interview. “We’re fiduciaries for our members, for the game, for our mission and for our brand. And how do we best protect that? Our feeling was given the tragic events of Wednesday that we could no longer hold it at Bedminster. The damage could have been irreparable. The only real course of action was to leave.”

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    This is what Antifa/BLM does to federal buildings... I’m sure some on here will defend this.

I don’t understand why everyone tries to deflect and bring up examples of bad things the “other side” has done. How about addressing the issue at hand and the topic of the thread. You sound like my kids. I don’t care if your sister left her dirty plate on the counter. I’m telling you to go clean up your mess of a room.

Oh, and it looks like 18 people were arrested for the vandalism shown in your photo. And that is what should happen for every protester that entered the capitol building and/or disobeyed the capitol police.
                    Last edited by mwk128; 01-11-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I know what I've seen.

Whatever it was, it accomplished what it was suppose to do. Lap tops were confiscated and have been decoded.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                        I don’t understand why everyone tries to deflect and bring up examples of bad things the “other side” has done. How about addressing the issue at hand and the topic of the thread. You sound like my kids. I don’t care if your sister left her dirty plate on the counter. I’m telling you to go clean up your mess of a room.

Great observation. There is actually a formal term in logical argumentation for that type of deflection. It's called "tu quoque", which is Latin for "you too". It's an appeal to hypocrisy and is considered a logical fallacy for the reason you mentioned. However, appeals to hypocrisy can be effective with some people. It's funny you mention your kids because tu quoque is a relatively simple form of argumentation that's quickly picked up by children. Parent says "clean your room". Kid says "but your room isn't clean so why should I clean mine". Parent tells teen not to smoke. Teen responds "but you used to smoke so why can't I?"

There are many discussions online about tu quoque argumentation. Here's one good write up with a short video on it.

https://academy4sc.org/topic/tu-quoq...cal%20fallacy.

Using It

While tu quoque arguments are largely considered logical fallacies, they can sometimes be relevant and worth using. Hypocrisy can be a signal that a speaker doesn't truly believe what they're arguing. In conjunction with other evidence, it can help bolster a claim.

However, that doesn't mean hypocrisy on its own proved the falseness of a statement. The consequences of past actions can make someone change their beliefs and opinions of those actions. For example, your mother might preach the dangers of underage drinking because she experienced them firsthand. Maybe someone truly believes their stance but can't bring themselves to change their own behavior. Your grandfather might insist you never smoke precisely because he got addicted to it.

If you're going to attack the speaker, be sure you have evidence that addresses the wrongness of their original claim, too. If you find yourself on the receiving end of a tu quoque argument, it's best to attack its relevance to the conversation. Admit any lack of self-control or willpower while maintaining its lack of connection to the truth of your position.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                          Great observation. There is actually a formal term in logical argumentation for that type of deflection. It's called "tu quoque", which is Latin for "you too". It's an appeal to hypocrisy and is considered a logical fallacy for the reason you mentioned. However, appeals to hypocrisy can be effective with some people. It's funny you mention your kids because tu quoque is a relatively simple form of argumentation that's quickly picked up by children. Parent says "clean your room". Kid says "but your room isn't clean so why should I clean mine". Parent tells teen not to smoke. Teen responds "but you used to smoke so why can't I?"

There are many discussions online about tu quoque argumentation. Here's one good write up with a short video on it.

https://academy4sc.org/topic/tu-quoq...cal%20fallacy.

Using It

While tu quoque arguments are largely considered logical fallacies, they can sometimes be relevant and worth using. Hypocrisy can be a signal that a speaker doesn't truly believe what they're arguing. In conjunction with other evidence, it can help bolster a claim.

However, that doesn't mean hypocrisy on its own proved the falseness of a statement. The consequences of past actions can make someone change their beliefs and opinions of those actions. For example, your mother might preach the dangers of underage drinking because she experienced them firsthand. Maybe someone truly believes their stance but can't bring themselves to change their own behavior. Your grandfather might insist you never smoke precisely because he got addicted to it.

If you're going to attack the speaker, be sure you have evidence that addresses the wrongness of their original claim, too. If you find yourself on the receiving end of a tu quoque argument, it's best to attack its relevance to the conversation. Admit any lack of self-control or willpower while maintaining its lack of connection to the truth of your position.

It's also known as whataboutism.

Comment

It was also a simple question you keep avoiding!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              It was also a simple question you keep avoiding!
                              I keep looking but I do not see where you asked a question.
                              Maybe you left out a question mark?

Comment

Here...?

Now go... we see what you and your little buddies stand for!

Comment

Working...
                                X