Arrow Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Question?

I’ve have these arrows laying around from my compound days, I bought them around 2005ish. Are these arrows safe to shoot from a recurve? It may be a silly question, I just didn’t know if there was different technology used for Trad/Compound arrows. I’ve shot a them a few times and they fly decent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as long as they are the correct spine for the draw weight you should be ok.

Comment

You can shoot them but, they probably wont fly very well. 350's are pretty stiff.

Comment

Probably safe, assuming no damage (always flex test them of course), but likely way stiffer than the bow would be happy with.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I put 230 grains up front and they seem to fly ok..I’m gonna keep messing with them...I have 15 of them just sitting here and I don’t wanna waste them!

Comment

Arrow Question?

What’s your draw weight at your draw length, and how long are those shafts?

As far as are they safe to shoot - yes, but like mentioned above, unless you are shooting pretty heavy draw weight, they are gonna be waaaaay too stiff, even with 230gr up front.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shoot 350/340s and get good flight. I just leave them long and run 175 grains up front.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                What’s your draw weight at your draw length, and how long are those shafts?

As far as are they safe to shoot - yes, but like mentioned above, unless you are shooting pretty heavy draw weight, they are gonna be waaaaay too stiff, even with 230gr up front.

Bisch

54lb @28

Comment

Those could work if you leave them long and get the right amount of weight on the front.

Bisch

Comment

Like others have said, they are safe. How they fly depends how long they are and how much weight you have up front. I shoot 52@28” and have a 29” draw. I shoot black eagle deep impact 350s. They are 30.5” long with 260gr up front. So 350s can fly good. Just have to tune them.

Comment

Working...
                    X