The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Every 4 to 5 months I get these uncontrollable cravings for Long John Silvers fish planks covered in malt vinegar. I'm not talking one or two planks, Ill usually eat 5 or 6. Then even before leaving the establishment ill start to feel it......the belly ache, the starchy film in my mouth, and risky ride home before a bout of almost certain diarrhea. The easy fix is to not eat there again ever. Right?

But every 4 or 5 months will pass and I find myself doing it all over again. Is this just me? Does anyone else understand this paradox?
    Attached Files

It's about once a year for me. But I don't get chorro because I don't eat that nasty poor excuse for coleslaw. But I do get that shame that I shouldn't eat that junk. But it goes hard while I'm eating it.

Comment

I just drive right on by. No thanks.

Comment

Yes yes and more yes... but like Full Draw its about 1 or 2 time a year. I try to ignore it, but it simply won't go away until its been satisfied.

I'm convinced that the filmy substance that coats your mouth is time release crack... that slowly absorbs in your body. Once it has finally left, your body requires another dosing...

Comment

I can't say that I agree with you on the LJS paradox. Myself and some co-workers visited Long John Silvers a few weeks ago and I still feel a little uneasy in the stomach when someone mentions the place. This trip was my first in about 10 years and I am pretty certain I can easily make it another 10 years before I get the courage to try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
            Every 4 to 5 months I get these uncontrollable cravings for Long John Silvers fish planks covered in malt vinegar. I'm not talking one or two planks, Ill usually eat 5 or 6. Then even before leaving the establishment ill start to feel it......the belly ache, the starchy film in my mouth, and risky ride home before a bout of almost certain diarrhea. The easy fix is to not eat there again ever. Right?

But every 4 or 5 months will pass and I find myself doing it all over again. Is this just me? Does anyone else understand this paradox?
            I understand completely...I swear they put drugs in their food b/c even though I haven't eaten there in a few years I still get crazy cravings every 3 or 4 months to go there and eat one of their fish plank combos In the end I convince myself that it's better that I NOT eat the fish soaked in 10W30 lol

Comment

Every once in awhile it's really great. Then the rest of the time it's like you mouth gets coated in the grease and taste like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Yes yes and more yes... but like Full Draw its about 1 or 2 time a year. I try to ignore it, but it simply won't go away until its been satisfied.

I'm convinced that the filmy substance that coats your mouth is time release crack... that slowly absorbs in your body. Once it has finally left, your body requires another dosing...
                I think you may be right.

Comment

Used to be the same for me. They closed the only one we had around here

Comment

"when" i go, i order the chicken. they skimp you on the fries, i never eat the cole slaw, and, rush back to work before the tsunami hits.

Comment

Hell to the NO. Them fish n shrimp come straight outta Buffalo Bayou.

Comment

You ever see the Fox News piece NORMAL OR NUTS they do some mornings with Dr. Keith Ablow?

Sorry, but that's just nuts.

Comment

I start feeling sick just looking at that picture of the crap they serve. I haven't eaten at Long John Silvers since the 80s, and I don't ever plan to make that mistake again. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they stay in business. Disgusting.

Comment

I had this exact conversation with my wife last night and I do the same thing, but about once a year. Don't have the gastro trouble fortunately..... or unfortunately. Maybe that'd cure me.
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

mmmm hushpuppies. That's the only thing I go there for.

Comment

Working...
                              X