No announcement yet.

generator group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not the world's foremost knower of generators by any means, but IMHO a generator is something I would think you do not want to be a cheap @$$ about. You are going to DEPEND on your generator to keep your livelihood going. A cheap generator will break down on you, be loud AF, and probably draw unwanted attention in a SHTF situation. I have a 3500w Honda "Super Quiet" gen and it a BAMF, YES, I had to take out a loan to buy that SOB, but here is where the buy once cry once rules apply. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      Where are Westinghouse generators built?

They design and produce only portable generators – inverter and conventional models. These generators are manufactured in their Columbus, Ohio facility. The Westinghouse range of generators produces power for different requirements ranging from 1,200 watts to 9,500 watts.

What engine does Westinghouse generators use?

What engine does it have? The generators are exclusively equipped with their own Westinghouse brand engines. These are all purpose-designed and built 4-stroke, overhead valve (OHV) petrol engines that comply with Australian and US EPA emissions standards.

Selling the info like I bought it. If it isn't true. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Amazon is backordered that the one your ordered. I get the next one smaller at Lowes with a 10% military discount. My house is about 1100 sq feet, All electric but converted water heater and cooking to propane.

The Westinghouse had about 6500 reviews at Lowes and Home Depot with mostly 5 stars. That the best I have seen.

Comment

I like the Westinghouse but I think I will end up with the WEN or Champion Inverter. I just worry about the electronics, unless some of yall have had no problems with the Westinghouse

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
          I would not consider this a "whole house" generator, but for a big portable, capable generator it looks really nice.
          Well based off my calculation it will easily work for my entire home.. I'm all LED and then propane for furnace-water heater- stove.. so really all I need is it to run my ac and well pump which it will with ease... the other stuff is minimal elec use with fridge and deep freeze.

I'm gonna say that Houston guys need to get together and do another group buy I have a list of guys interested and it would be easier for yall to have it shipped straight to you instead of trying to Express these suckers

Comment

No natural gas? That’s what I’m trying to set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

General question here; If plugging in through your circuit box w/an interlock kit, and/or using power strips, is the “dirty” power out of a standard generator still a problem? I can’t see limiting yourself to ~3500 watts with an inverter at the same price point as a much more capable unit. Unless limiting noise and fuel consumption are top priorities?

Comment

Saw this post and wanted to share this video of building a permeant enclosure for my generator. I already have the generator and parts are ordered for the enclosure. I have already wired into my breaker box on a spare 240v 30 amp breaker with the safety lock out on the main breaker. I installed a 60 amp air conditioner disconnect box and tied in my flex cord for the generator.
                The people that used to live at the house we bought had a hot tub heater behind the garage with a 1 1/2" NG line and a concrete pad. The breaker box is on the other side of the wall. I am now the process of finding a carb to run it off natural gas, this would keep us up and running without trying to find gas.
                We lost power during the ice storm and it took me about 3 hours to get set up to run generator. I sent the wife to find gas for the generator and she got lucky after a few gas stations. I am setting up this to save time on getting up and running.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MED7T4Q2ono&list=WL&index=6&t=437s"]DIY Generator Enclosure Shed With Remote Start - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ok guys! WARNING. There is a bit of false advertising on this generator. It says 11,000 watts. But that is SURGE WATTS. The continuous output is only 8,300 watts. Which is roughly 35a. That is still a good amount of power. But beware, just because you are plugged into the 50a plug in the generator DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GET 50a usable power. The unit is rated for 35a and can handle a short surge of 45a. If running 45a for extended time you will either trip breaker or shorten the life of generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    You can buy one. The 240V is just 2 120V legs.
                    I have a big champion with a 50 amp receptacle and I made the cord out of 8/3 stranded romex. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                      General question here; If plugging in through your circuit box w/an interlock kit, and/or using power strips, is the “dirty” power out of a standard generator still a problem? I can’t see limiting yourself to ~3500 watts with an inverter at the same price point as a much more capable unit. Unless limiting noise and fuel consumption are top priorities?
                      Yes, the power will still be dirty. You can get inverter generators with more watts but they are pricey

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        Ok guys! WARNING. There is a bit of false advertising on this generator. It says 11,000 watts. But that is SURGE WATTS. The continuous output is only 8,300 watts. Which is roughly 35a. That is still a good amount of power. But beware, just because you are plugged into the 50a plug in the generator DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GET 50a usable power. The unit is rated for 35a and can handle a short surge of 45a. If running 45a for extended time you will either trip breaker or shorten the life of generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There’s no false advertising. Says it in the title 11k/8.3k. It is exactly what you said above.

—————signature—————
                        ~Don’t overthink something simple~
                        ...:uptight people suck:...

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

You can get the kits from Amazon or eBay to make any generator natural gas . That’s the route I’m going also .

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

Coby- they make a conversion kit tri fuel actually.
                            I converted my bbq pit before and all I had to do was remove the jetting as I believe if memory serves me correctly it was a lower pressure. You would just need a different regulator for the ng hookup.

And if you are looking for a "clean" electric you wont get that with any generator.... even a honda inverter...
                            Trust me as I had to build a setup for my xray business and for the xray machine we needed a pure sine to run it off of the honda inverter genny.

Comment

This cord and box is what I'm thinking along w interlock switch

Comment

Working...
                              X