No announcement yet.

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have an extra bath tub you can fill it up and use it to flush toilets if you lose water supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      If we lose electricity for a lengthy period of time should I turn my (gas) water heater off? Or should I drain it to prevent the water inside from freezing?
      If it's a gas water heater, electricity won't affect it. If you still have water from city and you still have gas, you'll have normal hot water

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        If you have an extra bath tub you can fill it up and use it to flush toilets if you lose water supply.
        Had to go get water from the pond for that once. Bathtub is much easier and warmer.

Comment

I want to reiterate this is a multi faceted, multi system event. This isn’t our normal 1 and done and temps rebound into the 50’s type weather. The fist system has entered the texas panhandle and south plains already, in fact I have light snow now. It will work south and East. A second system will impact us again mid week with cold air already in place.

I don’t feel like .243 wssm’s snow totals have been give enough attention. By the end of the week areas from Granbury to Texarkana could see a foot or more snow! Some models are putting close to 20 between Sherman & Paris. And even these totals could be conservative because they are predicated on a 10:1 ratio (10” of snow for every 1” of liquid precip). With the cold arctic air we have in place these ratios can be off because the colder the air the lighter and fluffier the snow can be.

The cold temps have been well documented. Extreme cold! But there will be wind too adding dangerous windchills. But with that light powdery snow driven by the wind can cause snow drifts and dangerous windchills. We are expecting 4-8” tonight into tomorrow and NWS is warning of 4’ snow drifts!!!!

Texas is not equipped for an event like this! We do not have enough snowplows to cover from the panhandle to the Sabine River! Even in areas that do not receive record snows should expect periods of blackouts due to strain on the electrical infrastructure. I cannot express enough if you have not made preparations for being stuck in your house until Friday, do so now. Worst case you have a stocked pantry, full tanks of gas and extra propane for summer bbq’s. Extra flashlights/batteries and or candles!!

I’ve got 3 1/2 5 gal propane tanks and a few small canisters and a ton of firewood and plenty of food.

Please don’t write this off as hype. Make sure you are prepared and take care of your family. This is a once in a lifetime type storm, don’t make it your last because you weren’t ready.

Having said all of that, if you find yourself without power and have to use lanterns and propane heaters be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors and keep some fresh air circulating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F49CEA0A-0C05-4962-84CE-C7D550D52B17.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	24644625
          Last edited by Playa; 02-13-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Woke up to a very light coat of ice on metal surfaces here in Magnolia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very light snow here in Lubbock and doesn’t look like we will get much more

Comment

Roads in Hunt County this morning after freezing rain and very light snow last night. Waiting for the big snow now.

Comment

Surfaces here at the house in Montgomery are iced over. Cars, bbq pit etc.
                  Some roads getting ice already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Be safe guys!

Comment

Wow, weatherman said Sherman/Denison could get 20 inches of snow from the one two punch from these two storms.

Comment

I Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke leg...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Got about an inch of snow on the ground in Rockwall from late last night through early AM. Expecting more later this afternoon. At this point poop seems to be alright and still have power/internet so the kids haven’t gone crazy. North wind and high-mid teen temps blowing steadily.

Ac

Comment

Perty chilly in Grayson Co. Water well froze w 2 heat lamps going.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              Very light snow here in Lubbock and doesn’t look like we will get much more
                              Honestly this thing is maybe at the halfway point. The low pressure isn’t even near Texas yet, still around the 4 corners

Click image for larger version

Name:	B0E012B4-217F-48FE-A2C2-751748168875.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	24644637

Comment

Junction police department communication tower just fell.

Comment

Working...
                                X