Tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    I can't help y'all out in Dallas but I have friend here in Odessa that makes 'em with the venison I take her and they're sooooo good. Dang, I need to put something on the ground.
    Does she make them for others? We have a yard out there, so it wouldn't be much of stretch for logistics

Comment

Originally posted by Matteo View Post
      It would be cool if someone got tamales from all of the suggested places and did a taste test. Bet if it was a youtube video we would watch it.

Doink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are in or near San Antonio, Delia's now has a store there. Love me some Delia's.

Comment

Hahaha!

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          My wife has been making a bunch. We also bought a dozen at the place we buy masa, just to taste test. I will say my wife's were better and the restaurant ones were the size of a cigar, dang small.
          Gringo tamales!
          I made 80 dozen venison tamales with 3 other people once..2 things I learned..I'll never ***** about how much they cost,and I'll never make tamales again.

Comment

My wife prepped all 50 lbs of meat yesterday, to my daughter's will bring all the mass and I will do the cooking. Long day ahead of us. Merry Christmas everyone be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
              My wife prepped all 50 lbs of meat yesterday, to my daughter's will bring all the mass and I will do the cooking. Long day ahead of us. Merry Christmas everyone be safe.

God bless y’all, that’s a ton of tamales lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                God bless y’all, that’s a ton of tamales lol

Yes sir, it's just one of those family traditions that keep going from daughter down to daughter. We look forward to it every year.

Comment

Pedro’s in Lubbock. Good ratio of meat to masa. Not greasy which is bueno for you guys that can shuck a half dozen at a time. Helps keep la barriga in reasonable shape. They ship.
                  tamales. com

Comment

PEDROS!
                    Fond memories from mid-80’s of the weekly Friday run to the strip for 2 cases of whatever beer was on sale and then hitting Pedros drive thru for 2 doz tamales for dinner.

They came out hot from the steamer wrapped in foil and ready to eat. And I think they were $4 a dozen.

Glad to hear they are still going strong.

Comment

Their online site is tamale.com

Comment

Tamaleria Nuevo leon in Richardson off Buckingham is pretty good. Try their borracho tamale, you won't be disappointed

Comment

Rodriguez Tamales in Wichita Falls. Don't know about online orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            HEB has some really good ones in the deli section. They are not frozen. Big fat ones like out in El Paso. There is a place in Pecos that is better than Delia's. Big fat ones too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Just picked up some from H-E-B. Good Lord, sticker shock. $9 for 5? They better be good

Comment

Just ordered 3 doz from a local guy. His is some of the best I’ve ever had

Comment

My wife and MIL are gona make around 300 tamales tomorrow. I prefer them the next day fried with some salsa and coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X