HELP setup my new VXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP setup my new VXR

So I have decided on an ambush green VXR 28. I am torn on sight and rest. For site i want a 5 pin and I am looking hard at spot hog hunter, excell amortech or iq micro.
    For rest I am looking at the qad integrate or hamskea trinity hunter pro I currently shoot elite answer with a limb driver

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    So I have decided on an ambush green VXR 28. I am torn on sight and rest. For site i want a 5 pin and I am looking hard at spot hog hunter, excell amortech or iq micro.

For rest I am looking at the qad integrate or hamskea trinity hunter pro I currently shoot elite answer with a limb driver

If you go anywhere away from one of the Mathews QADs, chances are you will experience some sort of noise. Especially if it doesn’t have a dampening system. Highly recommend going with the Mathews Ultrarest. It’s built specifically for the Mathews risers. And as far as a sight, that’s just going to be up to you. I shoot Spot Hogg single pins. I like shooting long distance for fun and furthest shot I have at my land is 20 yards. But sights are all personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would get the qad integrate and nothing wrong with spott hogg. I put a black gold widow maker on my bow and love it, pins are brighter than the spot hogg imo

Comment

I shoot a whisker biscuit and an HHA optimizer lite on my VXR-28 and I love the set up... it works great for me.

Comment

I have the same bow and enjoy it so far. Good shooter for sure.
          I personally don’t think you should go with the integrate. I had it on my Vertix and it is no different from the QAD ultra rest I have on my VXR. I didn’t find anything different besides the price and it is about half for the regular Ultra rest. Does the same thing and operates flawlessly. Only thing is it don’t have ‘Mathews’ stuck on it. Sights, I have the HHA Kingpin. Imo best sight out there but for 5 pins, I’d go with the spot Hogg. Had one on my old bow and loved it. Just like the single pin adjustable sight now.

My set up-
          29 @70#, ambush Green
          Easton axis 300 w/100g heads. Total weight is 468-472grain.
          HHA KingPin .010
          QAD HD Ultra Rest
          Axion Stabilizer
          Trophy Ridge Hex Light 5arrow quiver
          Accessories all black.

Comment

Hamskea without a doubt. There isn't a more bombproof rest on the market.

For a sight I really like spot hogg Hogg it 5 pin for fixed or MBG ascent verdict for a slider.

Comment

Just got the qad integrated rest by Mathews and spot Hogg fast Eddie. I will see my bow in 7 weeks.

Comment

Check out the bowmar nose button. Just ordered one and interested to see if it helps.

Comment

Acxel Armortech or Rheotech for the sight. Axcel's quality is truly top notch.

Comment

I am seriously considering going with a black gold widow maker and ordering it with a 20 yard .29 pin, 30 and 40 .19 and .10 for 50 and 60

Comment

I am seriously considering going with a black gold widow maker and ordering it with a 20 yard .29 pin, 30 and 40 .19 and .10 for 50 and 60
                      Just stick with .010

Comment

I would not go over .19. I would look at Viper sights too. For the rest, I won't shoot anything other than Hamskeas anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Just stick with .010
                          I hunt lots of groundblinds and with my .19 HHA I lose lots of shooting time before dark because I can’t see the pin

Comment

.019 and .010 for last pin

Comment

I hunt lots of groundblinds and with my .19 HHA I lose lots of shooting time before dark because I can’t see the pin
                              This is precisely the reason I went with the Apex Covert Pro( ya, it's just a single pin). It has 11 different brightness settings. Seeing your pin out of a ground blind is no problem no matter how bright/ dark it is outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X