BowTech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BowTech

Ok, so there is a lot of bashing of one brand or another, but it seems BowTech gets the brunt of it. So, without starting a "S" storm, and without just bashing because you can, let me ask a few questions, some may be stupid, some may be a no brainer, some you may say I do this with X brand and have never had a problem. This is not what I am asking. I would just like to know the facts prior to the failure. Ok so here we go.

1. Did you leave the bow, in or out of the case in a car or truck during the summer months for an extended period of time?

2. Was said bow left in the garage during the same conditions ( in or out of the case ?)

3. Did you leave said bow in or out of the case while at the lease or in the back yard, archery range or where ever in the direct sun light?

4. Were the limb bolts all the way down tight against the riser?

5. Was your arrow weight to draw weight ratio the recommended 5 grains of arrow weight to 1 pound of draw weight?

6. Has your bow to your knowledge ever been dry fired?

7. If you think back to before the event, were there any signs of failure? ( i.e. such as started shooting off of making strange noise? )

8. If you did have a failure, did BowTech take care of you and repair the problem? If not why?

9. What do you think contributed to the failure?

Again not trying to defend or start a " S " storm, just trying to find out what the main issue may be. So haters go ahead, I know you are going to, all others , please feel free to post up valid comments.

Why should any of that matter a carbon hoyt will take 10k dry fires at 80#s.
    Why can't any new bow take 140°

Comment

Excellent thread and I am looking forward to the response it gets. I myself have shot bowtech for many years and never had a problem. Still shoot a bowtech destroyer and probably my favorite bow.

Comment

I was just bout to start a thread like this. Have an itch to buy a bowtech

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot a bowtech as well. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard just as much good about Bowtech, as I've heard about Bear. Bowtech manufactures bows for other brands, too. People might unwittingly be using one, while talking smack about it lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot BowTech exclusively since 2001, zero failures. I've seen them, but never had one. Have seen more improperly set up (strings and cables run completely wrong) on bowtechs that all others combined.

They had limb issues, but they warranted them. I have had nothing but positive from them and like the performance I get from them

Comment

Still shooting a bowtech destroyer 350 and have no urge to even try any new bow! Never a problem and shoots great so no reason to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad and I have been shooting Bowtech since the "vft" days and have had zero problems.

Comment

Mathews is #1 for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      Mathews is #1 for a reason.
                      Yep. Millions spent on advertising.

I've had my Bowtech Insanity CPXL for 5 or 6 years now, I can't remember.
                      Now mechanical issues whatsoever, and I shoot a lot, but I shoot probably the heaviest carbon arrow made..
                      A big majority of limb failures, with any brand, is shooting to lite of an arrow/point combo to many times IMO.
                      They can only take so much abuse..
                      In 37 years of shooting different makes and models I've never had a mechanical issue but I've always shot heavy.

Comment

They make some fast shooters for sure. My hunt buddy takes two bowtechs every trip. I've shot them both and they shot great. He swears by them and kills LOTS of critters.

BUT,.... he takes two bows every trip. He's had to use the backup twice on hunts I was on. I can't get past that part.

Comment

Bowtech experience here and no problems, been shooting it since 2013.
                          I left my bow in the truck the other day too.
                          Last edited by boh347; 04-25-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I have a bowtech experience I have left everywhere your not supposed to. Shot the pizz out of with no issues. I think all brands have had some issue here or there at some point. I am satisfied with this bowtech and have owned about all the major brands at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                              Ok, so there is a lot of bashing of one brand or another, but it seems BowTech gets the brunt of it. So, without starting a "S" storm, and without just bashing because you can, let me ask a few questions, some may be stupid, some may be a no brainer, some you may say I do this with X brand and have never had a problem. This is not what I am asking. I would just like to know the facts prior to the failure. Ok so here we go.

1. Did you leave the bow, in or out of the case in a car or truck during the summer months for an extended period of time?

2. Was said bow left in the garage during the same conditions ( in or out of the case ?)

3. Did you leave said bow in or out of the case while at the lease or in the back yard, archery range or where ever in the direct sun light?

4. Were the limb bolts all the way down tight against the riser?

5. Was your arrow weight to draw weight ratio the recommended 5 grains of arrow weight to 1 pound of draw weight?

6. Has your bow to your knowledge ever been dry fired?

7. If you think back to before the event, were there any signs of failure? ( i.e. such as started shooting off of making strange noise? )

8. If you did have a failure, did BowTech take care of you and repair the problem? If not why?

9. What do you think contributed to the failure?

Again not trying to defend or start a " S " storm, just trying to find out what the main issue may be. So haters go ahead, I know you are going to, all others , please feel free to post up valid comments.
                              if you were not defending or not trying to start something why did every single question look like it was aimed at the owner doing something wrong?
                              bowtech has more problems that all other makes combined currently,,
                              the issue is very simple, quality control, I have seen several that were broken, at 60# and 400+ grain arrows with short draws,, no dry fires and proper care.... failure of most over the last several years have been mostly quality control related, and a partial issue with quality causing plenty of derailments was ultra shallow cam groves that the string could not track in ( a few on shots and a lot on let downs that were torqued,( these usually did nothing other than damaged the strings)
                              and junk limbs are a quality issue....
                              and I do not hate on bowtech bows,, there are several models I have liked and a couple I have owned

Comment

Working...
                              X