? G7 BC for Sig Sauer .270 140 gr Elite Hunter EHT ?? Where to find G7 Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? G7 BC for Sig Sauer .270 140 gr Elite Hunter EHT ?? Where to find G7 Data

Anybody know where to find the G7 BC for this particular factory ammo ? Ridiculous buy Sig does not include the information on their website. When you call and actually talk to a human - they have no clue where to get that information.

I am clueless about factory ammo, but does this use a 140 gr Berger bullet (kind of sounds like it does)?

If it is the Berger 140gr bullet:

270 Caliber 140 Grain Classic Hunter
    G7 BC: 0.271
    G1 BC: 0.528
    Last edited by REDGUN; 03-04-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.

That is one of the problems, I think it is a Sierra bullet with what looks like a polymer tip. My guess is that it is a Sierra Gamechanger that they are making for Sig with a different colored tip. I found an article on the innerweb that said Sig was using Sierra bullets - but no confirmation.

If it is a Sierra Gamechanger then the G1 BC is .508 - but I am not educated enough on reloading or the physics to know what that means in terms of G7 - assuming that is the correct bullet. You would think Sig would know what they are selling - but they do not.
      Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-04-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        You would think Sig would know what they are selling - but they do not.
        Well, Sierra doesn't even list a G7 number for that bullet?...….that doesn't make any sense either.

Comment

Comment

I don’t trust any published BC data. I shoot groups at 100, 200,300,400. 4 points on a parabola will get you dang close out to 1000 if you and your rifle shoot well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone !!

Comment

Working...
              X