Best Trout Fly Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Trout Fly Fishing?

Looking for the best place to go fly fishing for trout within 4-5 hours of DFW. Want to take my boys and teach them how to fly fish. We use to go to Albert's pike up in Arkansas when I was in grade school but that camp ground appears to be closed for camping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What ya got?

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
    Looking for the best place to go fly fishing for trout within 4-5 hours of DFW. Want to take my boys and teach them how to fly fish. We use to go to Albert's pike up in Arkansas when I was in grade school but that camp ground appears to be closed for camping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What ya got?
    It’s gonna be the White River in Arkansas

Comment

I agree with Arkansas. I fished the white and did well but prefer the red river there. I stay around Heber Springs. Let me know if you need a guide. Lots of fish . I was there 2 weeks ago. Lots of nice homes on the river to rent. I have been fishing the red river for the past 6 years. It’s an annual trip for me.
      Last edited by WilliamL; 06-06-2023, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Definitely the Little Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
          I agree with Arkansas. I fished the white and did well but prefer the red river there. I stay around Heber Springs. Let me know if you need a guide. Lots of fish . I was there 2 weeks ago. Lots of nice homes on the river to rent. I have been fishing the red river for the past 6 years. It’s an annual trip for me.
          Will be staying in a camper. Any good rv camp grounds along the red?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            Definitely the Little Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Any specific areas?

Comment

Give me a little bit and I’ll get you some info. I fished the little red last year. I have a vendor up there that will have some good input-I’ll text it to you

Comment

Rainbow drive resort had campgrounds you could primitive camp or use one of their cabins
                It’s right on the white river in Arkansas
                Cotter I believe

Comment

I'm going to Broken Bow, OK in 2 weeks. I've fished White river many times and its great but this is half the drive.

Comment

The little red and white river are great. If your wade fishing they can both be tough if they are running water. If you have a boat you will be in a better position.

Look up Jamie Rouse for a guide on the little red river. He makes a sow bug fly that you will want to have in your box.

Broken bow is so over run with people I dont enjoy going there.

Comment

Around cotter. One day you can fish the [emoji233] for small mouth on a fly. There are several places to rent a canoe.

Park your truck, they take you up stream and float down. Completely on your time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X