Ouch! Food prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch! Food prices!

My brother who lives in Connecticut texted yesterday that he had just left the grocery store - 2 pounds of lunch meat, 2 pounds of ground beef, and 1.5 pound of chicken sausage. $60!

I told him the cost of living in Texas was much cheaper! And they pay a dump truck load of taxes, too. Income tax, property tax on ALL personal items, vehicle registration tax annually, sales taxes, and on and on.

So glad I live in Texas with less taxes and I'm glad I live in an area where I can grow my own food, harvest my own meat.

Chicken sausage isn't worth 60 cents

May as well buy some chicken hot dogs.

Comment

Amen Sister.👍👍

Comment

What in lords name.....chicken sausage?????

Comment

I had to look up the price of chicken sausage but that same thing at HEB would run you $47 assuming 2lbs of lunchmeat from the deli. Cheaper if you were buying prepacked stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Chicken sausage isn't worth 60 cents

May as well buy some chicken hot dogs.
            Sprouts actually makes some great chicken sausage, they have several different types.

Comment

We went Friday to grab a couple quick things for the weekend because I’m on nights. No alcohol, tobacco or meat was purchased, just a couple salads, heat and eats and the like. 5 bags at HEB were $175 here in Bryan!

Michael

Comment

We eat pretty much organic everything. So cost went from already high to insanely high for us.

Comment

Keep that chicken sausage in Connecticut.

Comment

Don’t tell him it’s cheaper here, he may want to move here.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Sprouts actually makes some great chicken sausage, they have several different types.
                      My son makes a chicken/pineapple sausage that people rave about. It's just not for me.

Comment

Just got back from a week of vacay in Orlando and had rented house so we planned on a few meals there. Spent more on 2 or 3 basic meals & sandwich supplies and snack food then we do at home for a full week menu of dinners, and packing the kids school lunches and snacks.

Comment

I dont see the dollar getting any better ever at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            My brother who lives in Connecticut texted yesterday that he had just left the grocery store - 2 pounds of lunch meat, 2 pounds of ground beef, and 1.5 pound of chicken sausage. $60!

I told him the cost of living in Texas was much cheaper! And they pay a dump truck load of taxes, too. Income tax, property tax on ALL personal items, vehicle registration tax annually, sales taxes, and on and on.

So glad I live in Texas with less taxes and I'm glad I live in an area where I can grow my own food, harvest my own meat.
                            You said it, my friend! We complain, but it could be much worse.

Comment

I was on vacation last week in pigeon forge TN and noticed food prices in the two stores I visited to be pretty spendy. But then I get home and drop 3 bills at heb with virtually no leat in the cart.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X