Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worse vehicle you've ever owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 GMC Acadia. Never could get that thing right. Seemed like once you fixed something that was wrong, another thing just popped up in its place. Mainly electrical.

Next was a 2012 Chevy Traverse. Same thing as the Acadia. I guess since they were from the same generation, that is why the same stuff kept going wrong with them. All of our other vehicles have been pretty solid. Hell, my 2000 Honda Civic has been the best car that I have ever owned. I dont think you could pay me enough to get rid of it. Well, maybe.

Comment

2004 F-250 with 6.0 Diesel
      The dealership had more miles on that truck test driving after repairs than I put on it when it was supposedly repaired.

Comment

I am not sure if it was the worst mechanically, but it sure was the ugliest. In the early 70's while I was in high school, I owned an orange Gremlin....orange Gremlin! Not sure why I bought it- maybe only thing I could afford at the time.

Comment

1994 Chevy 6.2 Turbo Diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
            Same here, a 1995 we kept for 11 months before trading off on a new Tahoe '99 in 1998. Admittedly, we bought it used and didn't know the history so that could definitely have been a factor.

As far as new vehicles, toss up between the previously mentioned Tahoe and possibly my 2004 Sierra 2500 HD. Both fried the transmission in under 25k miles without being abused or really worked much. I'd probably have to give the edge to the Tahoe though but partially because of a dealership mistake.

The driver's side valve cover gasket started leaking around 50k miles as I recall. Took it to the dealership for a warranty repair, we paid for the extended warranty, the wife brought it home after the repair was done and the engine was knocking.

Apparently, the mechanic that performed the repair didn't clean out all the old gasket material before putting it back together and some got into a fluid journal. Dealership's solution? Rebuild that one cylinder. And they tried to charge us for an oil change after fixing their mistake.

Tahoe got traded off about 2k miles before the warranty expired.
            Yup, mine was so bad I kept repair cost in a spreadsheet. At one point I was about to sell it and a customers secretary bought it for $700.00 ($50.00/month). She picked it up and disappeared the next day. I didn’t even care. I was glad it was gone. She had been waking to work. Sometimes charity doesn’t work out the way you have it in your head

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              2009 GMC Acadia. Never could get that thing right. Seemed like once you fixed something that was wrong, another thing just popped up in its place. Mainly electrical.
              Same experience with the one we had. But also had a/c issues the required pulling the dash every time. After the fourth or fifth time we finally traded it.

Comment

2010 Chevy Z71 1500 with 5.3

Comment

2006 ford f250 6.0

Comment

2006 Ford F350 C/C FX4 with the worst engine ever, the dreaded Ford 6.0 diesel!

The truck was great except for the 6.0!

Comment

1975 Chevy Vega

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        2019 Ford Expedition Max. Cam phasers is all that needs to be said
                        I've been looking at the Expedition. Should be okay once the cam phasers are replaced, right?

Comment

Ford "fill in the blank"

Comment

1984 Ford Mustang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gremlin

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              I am not sure if it was the worst mechanically, but it sure was the ugliest. In the early 70's while I was in high school, I owned an orange Gremlin....orange Gremlin! Not sure why I bought it- maybe only thing I could afford at the time.
                              When I was in high school there was a road called Oaknella and people use to race out there on Friday and Saturday nights and party of course. I seen a guy with a Gremlin whoop every bodies asses every time he raced!! I loved that **** car, of course I didn't own it and the guy driving it was a motor head! I always thought it was a cool car, I had a jeep back in the day

Comment

I have had some real crappy vehicles from Pintos, Gremlins, Vegas etc...but nothing comes close to the Land Rover, like a 95 ish. You could not make a vehicle worse than that. The hoses were hard like they were 50 years old. Everything broke or sprung a leak, electronics would quit and would just die going down the road. A nightmare vehicle for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X