Heart of Texas Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart of Texas Bowhunting

Was wondering if any one has had any experience with this place. If so, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you and Happy Mother’s Day to your love ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They recently picked up a huge portion the famous FORD ranch for bowhunting.. I wouldn’t hesitate..
    It’s a legit operation..

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
      They recently picked up a huge portion the famous FORD ranch for bowhunting.. I wouldn’t hesitate..
      It’s a legit operation..

Awesome we booked it for December. Just curious about all the rules. I’m having a hard time trying to find all that info.

Comment

I went a long time ago. It's not a gimme hunt but it was legit. Shot a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I went a long time ago. It's not a gimme hunt but it was legit. Shot a doe.

Yes I’m very aware I’ve been going to firstpoint for a while now but do to some circumstances this year we are going to try this place out.. The group we go with in December lost our weeks that we usually book.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitonestx View Post
            Yes I’m very aware I’ve been going to firstpoint for a while now but do to some circumstances this year we are going to try this place out.. The group we go with in December lost our weeks that we usually book.
            I would say....take a little extra time scouting your assigned area before putting up your blind. Brush it in good but not so that it looks like a giant camo blob with dark eyes. Corn lightly on natural crossings/trails. Get to the blind as early as possible and stay as late as possible. Just like First Point...the deer will know hunters' patterns.

Comment

I would say....take a little extra time scouting your assigned area before putting up your blind. Brush it in good but not so that it looks like a giant camo blob with dark eyes. Corn lightly on natural crossings/trails. Get to the blind as early as possible and stay as late as possible. Just like First Point...the deer will know hunters' patterns.

Thank you that definitely helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitonestx View Post
                Awesome we booked it for December. Just curious about all the rules. I’m having a hard time trying to find all that info.

Where is this place located? Looking at archery hunt this fall

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greyghost7 View Post

The old Ford ranch in Brady Tx

They have a Facebook page you might check out. They have posted most of their kills.

Comment

Yes they do have a page on Facebook.

Comment

This sums it up well. I hunted with them years ago when they we're west of Brady in Melvin. I hadn't heard they picked up part of the Ford, I may have to make another trip.

It's a great place to hunt and a lot of fun. Listen to Kevin, he'll do his best to help you out. The deer pattern hunters really well like any other place of this type. One of the things I really like about HOT is they rest it for 3 days only hunting Thursday afternoon though Sunday.

Comment

I've sat and talked with Kevin many times at Jacoby's. He is a good guy. I've been in there when he's had his orientation with hunters the night before their hunt starts and he goes over all the rules very well. I shot a huge full velvet axis on my place one time, he let me take the head to his walk in cooler to store until I left to go home later that week. I talked to a group of guys from Louisiana that went there every year to hunt with him and they had been doing it for a long time. Holler when your down there, I have several places around that area that I've been leasing for 20 years. Its an awesome area to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                          It’s a legit operation..
                          What's the FB name of this ranch and location I hear near Brady. I can't find info on FB(take me something else?)

Comment

What's the FB name of this ranch and location I hear near Brady. I can't find info on FB(take me something else?)

The city of San Angelo purchased the FORD ranch several years ago for the water rights. They have since subdivided it and sold most of it off. DAM shame..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 05-29-2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X