X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckle pic for Shana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Was planning on trying to make it down this year, but have to work that weekend

Y'all have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
        Was planning on trying to make it down this year, but have to work that weekend

Y'all have fun!
        Work will ruin your life. But it does pay the bills!

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
          On Sunday morning we will have a championship round for those who want to shoot for a buckle. (I cannot get the buckle to upload on here to show a picture.) It is optional, you do not have to shoot it. It is a great way to shoot with new people and meet other archers while shooting in an exciting competitive environment. Nothing has changed with Chester we just added another round you can shoot for a championship buckle. You will have a championship stake that you will shoot 2 arrows from, 20 targets, 40 arrows. Let's say you shoot longbow. You will be grouped with other longbow shooters. The shooting groups will be assigned by tournament staff. The classes are Men's Longbow & Women's Longbow with wood arrows. Barebow. Selfbow. Men's Recurve and Women's Recurve any arrow. Senior Men (62 and up) and Senior Women (62 and up). All classes are shot off the shelf but barebow. Stringwalking only allowed in barebow. We still have all the Chester classes like always for awards, we just added something a little different on Sunday. Hope that helps with the understanding.
          I just imagine some of the "Championship" stakes. Going to be behind an oak tree covered in poison ivy, and standing on a fire ant hill!

I'm ready!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
            I just imagine some of the "Championship" stakes. Going to be behind an oak tree covered in poison ivy, and standing on a fire ant hill!

I'm ready!
            Hilarious! Don't forget about the rattlesnake den close by.

Comment

Don't forget to let me know if you need lodging. Call me or private message me. Also, the championship round on Sunday will be similar to the World Championship course set up just to give people an idea of what a world class championship course looks like. Not long, no more than 25 to 27 yds, the 8 ring will always be visible, a good variety of shots, uncomfortable foot placement possible, but nothing extreme. It will be a variation of distances, very challenging, a lot of fun, and a neat chance to shoot with people whom you may never get to shoot with. The Chester Classic course will also be available on Sunday for shooters to continue to shoot with friends and family as usual.

Comment

Looking forward to it. I got my room request in already. I should be able to shoot the whole weekend this year. See y'all there

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is probably my favorite shoot of all! I plan on being there

Comment

Not sure if I can make it this year. I’m already committed to going to the Longbow championship the last weekend of May.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                      Not sure if I can make it this year. I’m already committed to going to the Longbow championship the last weekend of May.
                      Longbow Championship is a lot longer haul for ya.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am planning to be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

Is there any limitation on the type of longbow that can be shot during Sunday's championship round? I know you have to shoot wood arrows, but am not sure whether you can shoot a 3-piece takedown longbow or whether it has to be a one piece similar to the Texas State Longbow Championship.

Comment

Longbow, one piece, two piece, or three piece, wood arrows.
                            Originally posted by Pvrana View Post
                            Is there any limitation on the type of longbow that can be shot during Sunday's championship round? I know you have to shoot wood arrows, but am not sure whether you can shoot a 3-piece takedown longbow or whether it has to be a one piece similar to the Texas State Longbow Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                              Longbow, one piece, two piece, or three piece, wood arrows.
                              Thank you Shana

Comment

Originally posted by Pvrana View Post
                                Thank you Shana

You have to shoot left handed though!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X