X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Chester Classic & Trad Championship

CHESTER CLASSIC & Traditional Championship 2023

"2 tournaments in one"
    "The classic Chester tournament all weekend and on Sunday a championship buckle round (shot in peer groups)"

May 19, 20, 21st
    20 target Bob Lee Range
    20 target Pope & Young Range

Friday, May 19th
    7:30am Registration & Course Opens
    5pm Last Man Standing (archery game)
    6pm Dinner
    6:30pm Dessert & Guest Speaker

Saturday, May 20th
    7:30am Registration & Course Opens
    4pm Kids Safari Shoot
    5pm Bow Up 4 Bucks Team Shoot (archery game)
    6pm Dinner
    6:30pm Dessert & Guest Speaker
    SPANKY BROOKS "IBO Traditional Ambassador"

Sunday, May 21st
    7:30am Registration & Chester Course Opens
    8am Chester Traditional Championship Peer Groupings for "Custom Silver Belt Buckles" 20 targets, 2 arrows per target
    9am Last shooters out for Chester Classic 40 targets
    Awards directly after last shooters come in about 1pm

Classes
    Chester Classic: Men's Recurve Wood / Men's Recurve Open / Women's Recurve Open / Men's Longbow Wood / Men's Longbow Open / Women's Longbow Wood / Women's Longbow Open / Men's Senior (+62) (off the shelf) / Women's Senior (+62) (off the shelf) / Men's Selfbow / Women's Selfbow / Barebow / Youth (17 & under) / Eagles (12 & under) / Cubs (8 & under)
    Sunday's Traditional Championship: Men's Senior (+62) off shelf / Women's Senior (+62) off shelf / Men's Recurve / Women's Recurve / Men's Longbow (wood arrows) /
    Women's Longbow (wood arrows) / Barebow / Selfbow

Cost
    $25 first round
    $20 all additional rounds
    $20 Traditional Championship round on Sunday

For more info visit: camptakula.com or ibotraditional on facebook
    Levy Bryant #850-393-4078
    Shana Sattler #409-673-5797

Lodging available at Camp Takula $25 per night / 1809 FM 2097 / Chester, TX (call Shana to reserve)
    No dogs allowed.
    Friday & Saturday - Breakfast, All day concessions, Supper / Sunday - Breakfast, all day concessions

I want to try to make Chester again this year, but before I do, and if you don't mind, would you please look at these pictures, and tell what (if any) recurve class I would be legal in.

This is a 65# ILF metal riser recurve.

Thanks Shanna.

Rick
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Rick! As long as the plunger/screw is locked down and does not move you are legal in recurve. If the plunger button is springy or you string walk then you would shoot barebow. Glad you might come join us. Would be great seeing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
        Hey Rick! As long as the plunger/screw is locked down and does not move you are legal in recurve. If the plunger button is springy or you string walk then you would shoot barebow. Glad you might come join us. Would be great seeing you.
        Awesome !

It's just a solid brass bolt with a piece of leather on the end of it for setting center shot. Once set, nothing moves.

Thanks !

Rick

Comment

Hey Shanna.

Sorry, but I forgot to ask.

Will the IBO fletching rules be in play, or will I be legal to shoot my 2.5" X 3 vanes?

Rick

Comment

There is no fletching rule for Chester. You can shoot your arrows. We use the IBO resources to put Chester on, but this is not an IBO sanctioned event. As far as the IBO rule on fletching length, it is old, antiquated, and Levy is trying to get this rule and the screw in tip rule removed. There is a board of directors, and a advisory committee that all changes are presented to and voted on. Hopefully next year these rules will no longer exist for traditional IBO shooters. Thanks for the question, glad you asked. Sure hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
              There is no fletching rule for Chester. You can shoot your arrows. We use the IBO resources to put Chester on, but this is not an IBO sanctioned event. As far as the IBO rule on fletching length, it is old, antiquated, and Levy is trying to get this rule and the screw in tip rule removed. There is a board of directors, and a advisory committee that all changes are presented to and voted on. Hopefully next year these rules will no longer exist for traditional IBO shooters. Thanks for the question, glad you asked. Sure hope to see you there.
              Awesome !

Thanks again !

Rick

Comment

Why is there no separate class for fat, old, 1/2 blind curmudgeons?

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                  Why is there no separate class for fat, old, 1/2 blind curmudgeons?
                  There is.

It's the +62 Seniors.
                  That's what I'm gonna shoot in.

Rick

Comment

Guess I'm just dense. I don't understand how the Sunday Trad Championship peer groupings works.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      Guess I'm just dense. I don't understand how the Sunday Trad Championship peer groupings works.
                      Me either. I'm not gonna win so I just shoot and enjoy looking for arrows.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will composite be in same class as Selfbows ?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Me either. I'm not gonna win so I just shoot and enjoy looking for arrows.

I don't expect to win anything either, but I'm gonna have fun, and see old friends. That's good nuff for me.

Rick

Comment

On Sunday morning we will have a championship round for those who want to shoot for a buckle. (I cannot get the buckle to upload on here to show a picture.) It is optional, you do not have to shoot it. It is a great way to shoot with new people and meet other archers while shooting in an exciting competitive environment. Nothing has changed with Chester we just added another round you can shoot for a championship buckle. You will have a championship stake that you will shoot 2 arrows from, 20 targets, 40 arrows. Let's say you shoot longbow. You will be grouped with other longbow shooters. The shooting groups will be assigned by tournament staff. The classes are Men's Longbow & Women's Longbow with wood arrows. Barebow. Selfbow. Men's Recurve and Women's Recurve any arrow. Senior Men (62 and up) and Senior Women (62 and up). All classes are shot off the shelf but barebow. Stringwalking only allowed in barebow. We still have all the Chester classes like always for awards, we just added something a little different on Sunday. Hope that helps with the understanding.

Comment

Pretty clear to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X