2023 Workout Accountability Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Workout Accountability Thread!

Another year has come and gone and time to to keep pushing the train down the tracks or jump but on and kick things back into gear!

We are all trying to maintain or get better and this is a thread to help with support and motivation for any and all that want to partake.

Many members made strides last year and hoping to see more join and kick some arse! Good luck amigos!

Thanks for starting this 150! The Good Lord willing I will be trying to hit it hard in ‘23. I will try to post my regularly as I go along.

I wish everyone trying to get more active and attempting to live a healthier lifestyle all the success in the world!!

Comment

I’ll jump in…

Did away with all weights and treadmills/elliptical stuff.

Body weight only for 2023. If you follow IronWolf in YT you will get an idea.

100 navy seals a day
      100 prison squats a day

Working towards 100 pull ups a day.

5 days a week, weekends off and Ill continue to eat what I want and how that works out lol

Comment

Run a Spartan Race with me!!! No better motivation to workout than putting an event on the calendar where you'll need those gains! I'm doing 4 this year including the one in Houston (5k in March 12), Waco (5k Baylor Stadium April 1), Burnet (12k May 20), and the BEAST in Granbury (half marathon Oct 21). PM me for details. Not a gimmic. Just an invite to join my team!

Committing to the hardest obstacle course race on the planet will make you physically fit, mentally strong and more resilient. What are you waiting for? Sign up today and race with us in 2024.

Comment

I’m still in the same place as always. 5’10” 185 lbs. I haven’t been able to stay off the operating table for the past 4 years. I’m sick of it. Found out yesterday I have two significantly torn rotator cuff muscles. I’m visiting with my doc next Tuesday but there is no way I’m having surgery to repair them any time soon. My focus this year is going to be functional strength and endurance. Screw everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Knocked out back and Bi’s today! 85 mins and 1200 cals according to the Apple Watch (meh on tracking)

I’m back up to 199 which is pitiful from where I was at the end of October.

Back on the eating right train and less drinking!

Comment

I tried to hit that snooze one too many times but no sirrrrrrrr

Wrapping up my stairs warm up and my legs are feeling it…..

Let’s gettttt ittttttt!!!!

Comment

I’m in here as well. Gotta get back on the train!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by alien77721 View Post
                  Run a Spartan Race with me!!! No better motivation to workout than putting an event on the calendar where you'll need those gains! I'm doing 4 this year including the one in Houston (5k in March 12), Waco (5k Baylor Stadium April 1), Burnet (12k May 20), and the BEAST in Granbury (half marathon Oct 21). PM me for details. Not a gimmic. Just an invite to join my team!

www.spartan.com

I’d like to consider the March race in Houston but not sure if my knees will cooperate. Let me see how this month goes but I’d be interested in that race possibly

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Got the year started, 20 minute HIIT Ride on the peleton and then a 26 minute chest workout! Let’s hope my little one sticks to this schedule!

Comment

Started my training for a 155 mile bike ride in May. Rode 16 miles on Sunday and 10 miles yesterday. Will work my way up to 20 per day in the next few weeks.

Comment

I'm still hitting it. 63 years old, 6'4 and 240 is what the scales said today. I'm glad the holidays are OVER! Too much food, booze and more food and booze for me this year. I finished off the year on higher rep ranges with moderate weight, and have started the new year back to my 5X5 plan. Chest and back yesterday and hit arms and legs today. The gym was full of resolutioners. They'll quit coming as soon as the DOMS sets in.

Preacher curl/cable pushdowns/prone leg curl/incline situp
                        BB curl/overhead rope extension/seated leg extension
                        Bilateral DB hammer curl/bilateral cable pulldown/hanging leg raises
                        Weighted dips/spider curls/front squat

Chest and back tomorrow. May throw in some shoulders as well.

Comment

I'm going to jump in again this year, eventually. Hopefully I will do a better job updating the thread.

I am six weeks (today) out of rotator cuff surgery to repair 2 tears and clean up a bone spur and scar tissue on my bicep tendon. I have started therapy and recovery is going good. Hoping to be back at it in February.

Last year I was attending Camp Gladiator 5 or 6x a week, was setting about 180 pounds and about 17 percent body fat. I made the decision in August to make some changes because I wasn't getting where I wanted to be - I wanted to be leaner and build a little muscle. Changed my diet to eliminate processed foods and sugars, and started moving the weights around instead of a cardio concentration. Things were moving in the right direction until I had surgery - got down to 170 and lost almost 3 inches around the middle. And then came recovery, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Time to start over.

Comment

Rough on the old body this morning...been sick for about 6 weeks and can really tell...

Going to wait and do sprints tonight...they are the best HIIT workout I have found

Comment

A buddy and I are picking up lifting this year to help with weight loss. My goal is to get sub 280 and stronger so I feel more comfortable getting up in a tree.

Get after it, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X