LRGVNWR Teniente live Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
    Well the move paid off. Son shot a cow about 15 minutes before last light. It went down hard and got up and ran. Waiting a bit to track. Will keep ya updated.
    Where does he think he hit it? Kinda odd for a nilgai to drop right away and then take off running

Comment

Awesome great experience. Hope you find her

Comment

Sounds like y'all gonna be up awhile.

Comment

Ok so I screwed up and learned a lesson. I knew nilgai vitals were pushed farther forward in the chest cavity. She gave me a perfect broadside shot and I figured since I’m using a 653gr arrow that I could punch through the shoulder to get vitals but man was I wrong. I knew these animals are tough but holy smokes when people say they’re tuff they dang sure mean it. For once I hit exactly where I was aiming just didn’t go as I planned it in my head.

Found one spot of blood right where she fell and managed to find 2-3 more micro drops of blood. Called it a night and will search in the morning but I’m 99.9% sure she’s gonna survive

Got about 4.5” of penetration.

Comment

Hopefully the morning will reveal better sign and who knows you might just find her. Last resort is a quick grid search.

At least you had some action

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
              Ok so I screwed up and learned a lesson. I knew nilgai vitals were pushed farther forward in the chest cavity. She gave me a perfect broadside shot and I figured since I’m using a 653gr arrow that I could punch through the shoulder to get vitals but man was I wrong. I knew these animals are tough but holy smokes when people say they’re tuff they dang sure mean it. For once I hit exactly where I was aiming just didn’t go as I planned it in my head.

Found one spot of blood right where she fell and managed to find 2-3 more micro drops of blood. Called it a night and will search in the morning but I’m 99.9% sure she’s gonna survive

What hatchet of a broadhead is that? Hopefully you find better sign in the morning.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                What hatchet of a broadhead is that? Hopefully you find better sign in the morning.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Grizzlystik silver flame

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post

I watched a 550gr arrow going in the 290 fps range and a grim reaper fatal steel get similar penetration.

I figured with my long draw and 80lbs would be fine. I shot lengthwise through a spike at laguna last year with that setup. 2 nilgai cows later, no more mechs for nilgai for me!

I know some folks shoot them with whitetail setups but after having bad experiences I’m going to a smaller COC head. Debating between the iron will wide or the solid 125 since I have both.

I had a chance to see a nilgai at a petting zoo at the state fair this year and their skin reminds me so much of hogs. Doesn’t seem like they bleed no matter what they’re stuck with and I can see why.

Good luck and stick another one! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

good luck finding her. thats my favorite meat.

Comment

Might be dead they aren’t bullet proof or arrow shielded you drew blood

Comment

Hope Y'all are successful. Best of luck today.

Comment

Tough lesson but with that broadhead I would have thought like you. Hope you find her

Comment

If it dropped it was definatley hit hard

Comment

Looked again this morning for over an hour and couldn’t find another single drop off blood. Did a grid search and nothing

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                                If it dropped it was definatley hit hard
                                You misspelled "high"

Comment

Working...
                                X