No announcement yet.

Down South Lures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to choose only 3 (maybe 4) DSL colors to carry in your box, which would they be?

1. Plum Chart
    2. Frozen Smoke
    3. Glow
    (4.) Limetruse

No particular order... I have just about all the colors they make in the southern shad, and they all work. We have a rule that nobody starts off throwing the same color. It is very uncommon that we all end up throwing the same color due to someone catching significantly more fish. I typically fish out of Sabine, and it seems like if you're one em you're on em and color doesn't matter too terribly much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      What are your go to colors??
      Mine would be something plum white or chartreuse tail. Salt an pepper chartreuse and something dark like pumpkin or red shad

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My go twos are in my OP

But when they eat, they gonna eat. As seen on peckerwood point!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of plum/chartreuse guys and I've talked to some that are high on purple reign too. Im anxious to try out the new big poppa pearl pure. Down South says they extended the white belly color all the way to the tail so on the tail flip you get that white flash.

Comment

Might try and test out the big poppa pearl on a wade in the morning.

Comment

Caught 20" trout this morning on big poppa pearl pure super model. Sorry, no pics. Didn't have phone while standing in the water.

(I know, pics or it didn't happen. ��*♂️)

Comment

Anyone try the Twisted Tea color? Green belly and brown pumpkin back. Looks good, just wondering if any of you have tried it?

Comment

I never thought I'd like purple reign either, but I've been having some luck with that color.

Comment

I throw them some. Purple Reign or White Ice. But honestly I’m just looking for a size and color
                    and don’t care who pours the plastic

Comment

The fish don't care what color you use. If they can see it and are feeding they are going to eat it. All the new hot colors are to catch fishermen and drive sales. They will all work. Every single one of them. So whether it is purple nurple, plum diggity, barbie pink, bud light rainbow or whatever other color it'll work. Buy it if you like it. If you fish it in the right place at the right time they will eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        The fish don't care what color you use. If they can see it and are feeding they are going to eat it. All the new hot colors are to catch fishermen and drive sales. They will all work. Every single one of them. So whether it is purple nurple, plum diggity, barbie pink, bud light rainbow or whatever other color it'll work. Buy it if you like it. If you fish it in the right place at the right time they will eat it.
                        Pretty Spot on!

Comment

White or anything with white in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X