Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
    I think around 30 guys killed deer. No idea of the total. Most years it seems like the same 20-25 guys kill almost every deer that comes off the place.

Lots of deer out there. No reason not to kill one if you have some time to put into it.
    Thanks. I'm hunting a doe/spike only compartment and there is lots of sign. So I'm feeling pretty confident.

Comment

If you sit your stand a few times and don't see deer, move. There's lots of deer, no need to waste time in an unproductive spot hoping to get lucky. They do get a lot of pressure, between us, campers, scout trips, joggers, dog walkers, bike riders, bird watchers, etc.

Comment

Opening day... There is a trail run around Lake Georgetown. That could help some... And hurt most of us.

Comment

^^ Good find. Guess being at my sisters wedding in San Antonio opening day doesn't look so bad anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
            ^^ Good find. Guess being at my sisters wedding in San Antonio opening day doesn't look so bad anymore!
            She is so selfish! Didn't he know it was opening day when they set the date.

Comment

Right? And they are both hunters also.

Comment

Must be gun hunters... Look If it's worth having, it's worth waiting for. It ain't like she's gonna get dead. Unless
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347888378.039388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	24117490

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                  If you sit your stand a few times and don't see deer, move. There's lots of deer, no need to waste time in an unproductive spot hoping to get lucky. They do get a lot of pressure, between us, campers, scout trips, joggers, dog walkers, bike riders, bird watchers, etc.
                  Thanks. Good tip.

Comment

Are we allowed to put on a stalk? Or just sit and bait?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                      Are we allowed to put on a stalk? Or just sit and bait?
                      kinda curious about that too. Seems it would be hard to stalk in a lot of compartments due to so many feeders up tho.

Would be neat if the ranger listed out compartment areas where it would be safe to stalk.

Comment

Or if we are scouting an area to hang a new stand and see a shooter. Can we poke it with a sharp stick? Or do I have to send in cords and wait for an email back.

Cause the deer may not be there later.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                          kinda curious about that too. Seems it would be hard to stalk in a lot of compartments due to so many feeders up tho.

Would be neat if the ranger listed out compartment areas where it would be safe to stalk.
                          It would be great to have a map that shows where guys are positioned even if there were no names associated with those coordinates.

Comment

yah but maybe too much work. Can understand it either way.

Comment

Its public land u can stalk or bait. In my opinion i think that we all put a lot of time and effort out there to get our set up in, it would suck to wake up early in the morning, get to the stand and when THE sun comes up someone walks right in front of u. Thats what i think but again it public land u can do whatever u feel like its going to get u that deer, just be safe!!

Comment

If we have to stay 300 feet from the coordinates of another hunter's set up, wouldn't it seem that another hunter would have to stay 300 feet away while stalking? I am thinking about putting up signs on trails going toward my stand that say deer stand ahead. My only concern is that I don't want vandals, thieves or other undesirables knowing where my stuff is...

I even blazed my own trail to avoid going near the other 4 stands near mine.
                                So If you see orange trail tape in trees, I am close...

Comment

Working...
                                X