No announcement yet.

Official Granger PHL 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of general questions about Granger.
    Mainly around recommended entry points, vehicle theft concerns, pig movement on the seasons ie fall, winter, spring etc. If anyone wants to brain dump that's fine but I'm also open to pm communication or phone. I did my first layer 1 investigation of the area recently and think I understand the basic areas but still have many questions to try and save a couple of wasted learning trips as I have a 2+ hour drive. thanks

One other question open to community - snake boots. I hunt other WMA and generally leave the snake boots at home due to long hikes. Usually wear a waterproof lace ankle high hiking boot. I have encountered many snakes. Generally not afraid of moccasins or copper heads with the ankle boots ( I live in moccasin infested area) but the rattlers while rare are my worry. the ones I have encountered have not been good as I would expect they would have either timber or diamond back in the area. Any real world advice for the area?

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
      Mainly around recommended entry points, vehicle theft concerns, pig movement on the seasons ie fall, winter, spring etc. If anyone wants to brain dump that's fine but I'm also open to pm communication or phone. I did my first layer 1 investigation of the area recently and think I understand the basic areas but still have many questions to try and save a couple of wasted learning trips as I have a 2+ hour drive. thanks

One other question open to community - snake boots. I hunt other WMA and generally leave the snake boots at home due to long hikes. Usually wear a waterproof lace ankle high hiking boot. I have encountered many snakes. Generally not afraid of moccasins or copper heads with the ankle boots ( I live in moccasin infested area) but the rattlers while rare are my worry. the ones I have encountered have not been good as I would expect they would have either timber or diamond back in the area. Any real world advice for the area?
      Everything you need to know about getting on hogs at Granger is in here. Yes, I've read every single page :

Comment

Headed to Granger this evening if anyone wants to come walk and tag along while moving cameras. PM for time/places and blindfold instructions...not really.

Comment

There are rattlesnakes out there. I almost stepped on a 5 footer a few years ago. With as many hogs as there are out there, the snakes dont really rattle either. The poison ivy is really thick along the river and creeks too, so plan accordingly.

Comment

2nd on what Trumpkin stated. The Granger hog hunting thread has a plethora of information for you. The deeper you dig, the better and more specific info. you will find. After a while, it became obvious there were more people taking information than giving. So, the specific intel seemed to taper off a while back, but there's still some very good recent stuff in there as well.

Comment

I'm headed in Saturday 9/26 to practice my saddle setup and hopefully get some deer photos from the tree. If anyone wants to join hit me up.

Comment

Hello anybody there?

Comment

Most have been silenced.

Comment

Guess Granger wasn't good this year?

Comment

Originally posted by CityLimtRedneck View Post
                      Guess Granger wasn't good this year?

It’s never good. I don’t know what all the hype is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It may have changed but I had my best public land evening hunt as far as #'s go on a draw hunt in 2007 there, never seen that many deer on public land before or since in a single sit. It was definitely a target rich environment.

Comment

Working...
                        X