Invest in cannabis industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invest in cannabis industry?

Not trying to debate if it should be legal or not, just curious if y’all feel it would be a good investment. With America slowly decriminalizing it seems like it has potential to boom in the near future. How does the green screen feel about this?

I have yet to see a dispensary here that is not packed, at any time of day or night. Wait time in line is about 20-30 minutes on average. I am very interested in investing.

Comment

If past performance is any indicator, sure is worth it. Biggest risk at this point is the federal involvement. Would really suck if you wake up and the feds decide to finally enforce laws and wind up confiscating funds involved in funding federally illegal businesses.

Comment

Plenty of people are going to make a lot of money legitimately with marijuana in some way or another.

Comment

Billions coming down the pipe imo. The smokers and connoisseur growers are a drop in the bucket compared to textiles, oil, etc..that hasn't even begun to start taking off.

Comment

Yes lots of ways to invest. Hemp as well as cannabis.

One problem is the feds. Most of the places I go to pick up my cannabis are still cash only.

Look at the Israel companies that are leaders in research and development of cannabis medicines and devices.

Acreage holdings and a few others in the US.

Hopefully the big gov. prohibitionist don’t get another cannabis thread killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wife bought stock in a Canadian Company about a month ago and doubled her investment in a week.

Comment

Yep. I've made some ok money on it and staying the course. I think it will be big once it's removed from the schedule 1 list and the banking regulations ease up so they can have interstate commerce. It wasn't going to happen with Sessions in but now that he stepped down, I don't know how his replacement feels about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                  If past performance is any indicator, sure is worth it. Biggest risk at this point is the federal involvement. Would really suck if you wake up and the feds decide to finally enforce laws and wind up confiscating funds involved in funding federally illegal businesses.
                  This is what scares me. I’d love to invest but the federal government could step in anytime. They haven’t yet which makes me optimistic. Say one did invest and they did step in, could you you face legal consequences?

Comment

As far as pot stocks go it is still the “Wild, Wild West”. There are hundreds of them out there and they run the gamut from legit start-ups to 100% scam, “pump and dump” operations. The problem is it well nigh impossible to know one from the other. As of now few-to- none of them trade on exchanges like NYSE or the NASDAQ. That is important because to be listed there you have to meet some standard capital and financial reporting requirements. A ton of them trade in the pink sheets or “bulletin board” and there is no way to know if they are legit or not. You can get lucky and make money even on a scam if you catch it right I guess but caveat emptor.
                    Last edited by jerp; 11-16-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I have definitely looked into it if it becomes legal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        As far as pot stocks go it is still the “Wild, Wild West”. There are hundreds of them out there and they run the gamut from legit start-ups to 100% scam, “pump and dump” operations. The problem is it well nigh impossible to know one from the other. As of now few-to- none of them trade on exchanges like NYSE or the NASDAQ. That is important because to be listed there you have to meet some standard capital and financial reporting requirements. A ton of them trade in the pink sheets or “bulletin board” and there is no way to know if they are legit or not. You can get lucky and make money even on a scam if you catch it right I guess but caveat emptor.
                        Good advice, most people don't realize you can make money on a scam if you catch it early. The success of those who invested early is critical to making the scam work. Wife and I invested and lost in a cannabis Ponzi scheme a couple years ago, was a guy out of Florida allegedly operating in Co. We never invest more than we can afford to lose in stuff like this but know people that lost high six figures, be careful.

Comment

i bought CGC 2 years ago, have done real well.

Comment

I have been adding $MJ to my portfolio for a while. It can be a wild ride but is certainly less risky than picking companies at random.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on it, and will get in when I find the right setup. I do believe that it's just a matter of time, before it's legal (in some form) in most every state.

Comment

Working...
                              X