Gun Appraisals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Appraisals

Is there anyone around Georgetown or Lampasas that does gun appraisals? I inherited a Colt single action army .45LC that was manufactured in 1902 from my grandfather and I wanted to get it appraised just for insurance purposes. Not looking to sell it, just wanted to be prepared if something ever happened to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ttt

Comment

Take a bunch of detailed pics & post them.

Do all the numbers match??

How is the timing...'slowly' cock the hammer into the firing position & then rotate the cylinder. If you hear & feel a click to get the cylinder to lock up into timing then it is off some.

You can also get a letter from Colt on the details of when & where it was shipped to for it's born on date & the total 411 which is a nice addition.
      Last edited by Artos; 09-26-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Take it to Joe McBride at McBrides guns, 31st and N. Lamar in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
          Take it to Joe McBride at McBrides guns, 31st and N. Lamar in Austin.

Awesome thank you will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Take a bunch of detailed pics & post them.

Do all the numbers match??

How is the timing...'slowly' cock the hammer into the firing position & then rotate the cylinder. If you hear & feel a click to get the cylinder to lock up into timing then it is off some.

You can also get a letter from Colt on the details of when & where it was shipped to for it's born on date & the total 411 which is a nice addition.

All of the numbers match, timing is great, has barely been shot. I also have the original holder that came with it, here are a few pics

Comment

Oh boy, that’s gonna be a big number

Comment

That thing looks great

Comment

Holster*

Comment

Brother...you gotta gem there & actually sorry I asked for you to rotate the cyl being that clean!! Simply outstanding. Go to gunsinternational and do a quick search as the link won't work. Use search words: 'Colt Single Army 45' so you can compare style, condition & asking price. Do the same on complete auctions (firearms only) on gunbroker if you have an account. Only pay attn to items that sold.

Hold close & Keep her in the safe regardless. That my friend is not your average inheritance gun. Happy for you!! I would pay for the Colt letter myself...follow up on the ship history if you do please.
                    Last edited by Artos; 11-04-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Do not store it in the holster. That is a fine piece you have there. Wow

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a fine looking SAA Sir. I would definitely get the letter and cherish that revolver.

Comment

Uhhh DROOL!!

This is probably the exact wrong thing to say, but I would have to take that to the range and put some rounds through it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            Uhhh DROOL!!

This is probably the exact wrong thing to say, but I would have to take that to the range and put some rounds through it.

This I will do once in a blue moon just out of reminiscing sake and love of my Papa, funny story about this gun is my Mimi emptied the cylinder at a rattlesnake off their back porch one time, didn’t hit it but they said it lit a fire under its tail and they never saw it again haha. It also has an X carved in it, Papa told me his Grandfather, who owned Week’s Drug store in Ballinger in the early 1900s and the original owner of the gun, kept this gun under the counter near the cash register for protection. Story has it there was a man who had beef with someone in the street, came inside the store and stole the gun, walked back out in the street and shot the man he was arguing with. Gun was recovered and his Grandfather carved the X in it to symbolize it had been used to kill someone, wish I could find the old newspaper headline from that if one existed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                              Do not store it in the holster. That is a fine piece you have there. Wow

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes sir i have never stored it in the holster, it stays in the safe on a rack with a small dehumidifier.

Comment

Working...
                              X