Which rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which rifle

Looking for some help choosing a rifle. Is gonna be a Ruger American Predator. Can’t make up my mind on the .243, 6.5 Grendel or the 6.5 Creedmore.
    Can the get the .243 for $369, Grendel for $489 & the Creedmore for $429. Use would be for mainly deer, hog hunting & the occasional varment hunt. No shots over probably 250 for deer & maybe 500 on yotes. I’m kinda leaning towards the .243 due to price of ammo & my cousin said he would load the .243 for me. but what’s getting me on the .243 is the distance that we may get on yotes.

I’d skip the Grendel in a bolt gun.

I like a little more bullet diameter/weight than the .243 has to offer, so I’d opt for the creed. That being said the 243 would be just fine.

Comment

Man bun

Comment

Don't get the "grundle"

Comment

Go with a Creedmoor....also check grab a gun before you buy. Just bought one for $385 with tax.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
            Go with a Creedmoor....also check grab a gun before you buy. Just bought one for $385 with tax.
            +1 on grabagun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree don't go grendal in a bolt.

If it's strictly yotes and long distance is called for the 243 will do the well shooting from 70 to 100 grain pills.

If it's a combo deer hog yote rifle I'd go with the 65 manbun. Shooting 100 to 140 grainers will will have way more stopping power, similar recoil and ease of loading.

They both have excellent selections of factory ammo and are both stupid accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

gun.deals.com

Comment

sorry this works

Comment

Stay away from the 6.5, just a fad right now haha

Comment

Working...
                    X