Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that is awesome!

Comment

In the three years we lived in Amarillo, we made the drive over every October! It is something everyone should see. Super cool event even for those who know nothing about the culture of ballooning!! Thanks for posting!!

Comment

That is REALLY cool !!! I never have understood how they fly/control those things. Guess they go wherever the wind takes em? Pretty cool event.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          That is REALLY cool !!! I never have understood how they fly/control those things. Guess they go wherever the wind takes em? Pretty cool event.
          The Albuquerque box. The weather gurus on TBH can explain it better than I can. Higher elevation wind from the south and lower elevation winds from the north. Balloons can take off, travel north or south and land in the same area when all of the weather elements come into effect.

If you enjoy weather the balloon fiesta is a great place to come.

Comment

Perfect Balloon weather

Drone footage.

The most spectacular thing we have ever pointed a camera at. And what an unbelievable camera it is. Colibri is Seeing Impossible and this is only day #2. W...
            Last edited by ladrones; 10-08-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

That's cool. I just looked up how much these things cost, and that is a LOT of money in that field. I never knew what they cost before, you piqued my interest enough for me to research it. I have no interest in ever buying one I was just curious.

Comment

This is a new entry this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                  That's cool. I just looked up how much these things cost, and that is a LOT of money in that field. I never knew what they cost before, you piqued my interest enough for me to research it. I have no interest in ever buying one I was just curious.

I had a supervisor several years ago that was closing in on retirement. He went in partnership with a Brit on a used balloon that still had some life left in it. I don’t think they invested more than about 4-5k each. The Brit had the pilots license. Every fall I would help him gather all of the equipment and get it ready for the fiesta.
                  They would only use the balloon for about three weeks a year. They had fun with it. Did not cost to much.

Comment

Comment

One thing I have noticed is the feds are questioning those that get caught operating drones in the FFA TFR zone.
                      Do y’all think they put the illegal drone operators on a watch list?

The only drone allowed is one
                      DJI Matrice 600

Comment

They FAA clearly has the technology to pinpoint the exact location that illegal drones are being operated from.

Comment

Christ the redeemer balloon:

Comment

dat Brazilian jesus is the one I vote for. Picasso gets second place. frog jumps in third place.

Comment

Perfect Balloon weather

You have to be a deranged indivudual to fly something with no steering...
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-09-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Wes the wolf

Comment

Working...
                                X