Options for Alkaline Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for Alkaline Batteries

Looking for options to alkaline batteries. Seems like everything I open lately the batteries have leaked and destroyed. What about the lithium batteries?

Li batteries don't leak. Plus, they last longer. Downside is more expensive but better than destroying your electronics.

Comment

I was unaware of Energizer leakage warranty. It says they'll replace your device. See below. Not sure if Duracell offers the same.
      Battery leakage (known as battery acid) is nasty, corrosive stuff and it can ruin whatever device it has leaked into. Check out more information here!

Comment

I've had real good luck with the Harbor Freight Alkalines (not the yellow Heavy Duties)....and if you catch a coupon (like this month) they are $4.99 for 24

Comment

Duracell batteries are the worst for leaking. I got to buy a new range finder due to them leaking. Smart do the HF batteries last ok?

Comment

I've been using Amazon Basics alkaline year-'round with great results in all my trail cams.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              I've been using Amazon Basics alkaline year-'round with great results in all my trail cams.
              Me too. They seem to last a good while and they don't leak.

Comment

You can't use lithiums in some older electronics, so make sure you check before you just pop them in. They don't always last longer either depending on the device your using them in. I have an older Garmin GPS and specifically say's not to use lithium batteries. Kids X-Box controllers that aren't rechargeable also won't take lithium, they get hot......my Covert, on the the other hand last about a year on Lithiums.(when the camera was brand new)
                Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08-07-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X