Deleted diesel inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted diesel inspection

I’ve heard stories and heard dealerships can’t take them on trade but has anyone actually had problems getting their truck inspected. Mine is straight stock and having issues with DEF pump. Almost cheaper to delete

8 years deleted. No problems so far. I’ve heard some places getting in trouble, but the three places I’ve gotten mine done at never batted an eye

Comment

Fixn to go that route myself on my 250. Shouldnt have a problem getting it inspected from what i hear from a few friends that have them. At least where they take theirs anyway.

Comment

As of now you can usually find a place for inspection but it’s getting harder.

Some dealers will take them on trade with you taking a big value hit and some won’t take them at all.

I won’t delete another unless I’m in your position with repairs, I would then delete and avoid the repair cost knowing that in the future I might have to make the repairs any way.

SAVE ANYTHING THEY TAKE OFF!

Comment

I don’t have any trouble out my way..................yet.

But I know it’s coming.

I won’t delete my next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had a problem .. i saved the dpf and other stuff I took off .. if I have trouble it takes an hour to put it back on..

Comment

Don’t let em look for a catalyst and hook it up. A tuned one should pass unless it’s broken

Comment

When I had my diesel truck, they NEVER did anything other than lights, brakes...yep, it's good.

Comment

I just had a $1500 repair bill on my DEF system, I was going to delete mine but didn’t want the inspection hassle. Plus, I’m probably going to trade mine in before long and wouldn’t get the benefit of the delete.

Comment

Never had a problem, and no friend has ever been hassled about their delete by any inspection location.

There have been one or two on here that have posted that they had issues, but it's the exception, certainly not the rule. Just don't have your inspection done at any old shop, and you will be fine.

That said, my next diesel will not be deleted. They have gotten better with the DPF and regen phases, and towing as much as I do, it keeps the DPF pretty clean without regen.

Comment

I had no issues on two deleted trucks or with the tint that may have been dark on them from the guy I use. I drive in, he hooks up the stuff and we talk huntin and women. I pay and leave. Been that way for at least 20 years.

Both deleted trucks were traded in for fair money and they said nothing. The Duramax dash looked like a slot machine from all the lights after I pulled the tune. Most dealers will send deleted trucks to the auction anyway. The one I work sells quite a few of them and the wholesalers care not. Heck, theres a pair of brothers that come just for diesels and buy most of the deleted ones

Comment

I've deleted 4 of my diesels over the years. I got one ticket form a state trooper outside of Stephenville. He's notorious for this. No emissions and no muffler. I think it was 300 bucks or something in that ballpark. The judge in Stephenville dismissed the ticket. I've been pulled over dozens of times for other offenses. I've Had everyone of the DPS officers and local guys ask about the trucks. I'm just honest with em and they could care less. The main thing they care about is whether or not you have a muffler.

As far as inspections, the only thing i've ever seen them check for is a muffler.

I've traded 3 of those deleted trucks into dealerships. They can't sell them like they are, so generally they take them to auction or restore the equipment.

I've never regretted deleting any of my trucks. However, if I got a new ford or duramax I wouldn't delete them. I think they've got the emissions stuff figured out, plus they make plenty of power stock. If i got another cummins I would definitely delete.

Comment

Metabo and mig welder makes everything look factory

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I had no issues on two deleted trucks or with the tint that may have been dark on them from the guy I use. I drive in, he hooks up the stuff and we talk huntin and women. I pay and leave. Been that way for at least 20 years.

Both deleted trucks were traded in for fair money and they said nothing. The Duramax dash looked like a slot machine from all the lights after I pulled the tune. Most dealers will send deleted trucks to the auction anyway. The one I work sells quite a few of them and the wholesalers care not. Heck, theres a pair of brothers that come just for diesels and buy most of the deleted ones

A diesel only gets a visual inspection so not sure why your guy is hooking anything up to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X