Plexiglass for blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plexiglass for blinds?

I’ll have to try to find the website, but the last blind I built I ordered a 4’x8’ sheet of plexi and you could get a certain number of cuts for free. They cut all the dimensions for my 7 windows and sent the scrap from the rest of the sheet. They had about every color and tint imaginable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 08-06-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I used regular glass and made windows years ago. I made frame out of plywood. Just cut a piece 2" bigger than the glass and cut the inside out 1/2 inch smaller than glass. I used a router and cut around the inside, the size of the window. silicone the glass in and hinged from the plywood frame. Windows still work great after moving 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
        I’ll have to try to find the website, but the last blind I built I ordered a 4’x8’ sheet of plexi and you could get a certain number of cuts for free. They cut all the dimensions for my 7 windows and sent the scrap from the rest of the sheet. They had about every color and tint imaginable.

Website was www.eplastics.com

Comment

Here’s the blind. I did 13” high plexi with a 12” window so I could have a 1/2” lip all around the frame. I believe the color was “dark grey”.

Comment

If you dont want to wait, The Original Deer Blind Window Company has them in stock, I called last week and picked up same day

Comment

We used to use these.

Plastic Vacuum Forming manufactures plastic hunting blinds designed for the durability and affordability that hunters demand. We know that our customers need hunting blinds that stand up to extreme weather, and are easy to clean and maintain. We also know that, given a choice, most hunters would rather spend extra time in the blind than on the job making money to pay for a more expensive blind.

You can buy the window tracks as well from them.

Comment

I buy my plexiglass on Amazon. I make my own using aluminum window screen frame. I have about 15.00 in each window I think. Not as good as the store bought but the deer don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                  Here’s the blind. I did 13” high plexi with a 12” window so I could have a 1/2” lip all around the frame. I believe the color was “dark grey”.

That blind looks great, well done

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
                    If you dont want to wait, The Original Deer Blind Window Company has them in stock, I called last week and picked up same day
                    This. DeerView is great too, but you’re probably already too late to get them in a blind before the rut. And the TBH loyal following will flame you for failure to plan rather than bad stocking practice

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
                      This. DeerView is great too, but you’re probably already too late to get them in a blind before the rut. And the TBH loyal following will flame you for failure to plan rather than bad stocking practice

Good point, I got a 45 day estimate

Comment

Dickinson feed makes the same exact windows as deer view and are in stock. Might even ship if you pay for it.

Comment

Dumb question but couldnt you buy plexiglass by the sheet and use that as walls for your blind? Use those 2 way mirrors and boom, ghost blind that you can see through completely.

Comment

Working...
                          X