Tipping At Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a horrible tipper.

Several years back I had a good friend tell me the cost to put a smile on someone else’s face is priceless. I’ve tried to apply this to all aspects of my life, go a little extra to make someone’s day. In the end I’m not going to miss that 5 minutes it took to help someone out or that extra $5 I tipped them....but I’ll know I made their day a bit better.

With that said I’d say I tip a minimum of 20%, but have tipped 400%....usually land somewhere between 25-30%.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
      I recognize the folk that were there for all of us during this BS Plandemic...

It were the Truck driver, AC folk, Electricians, Plumbers, Grocery workers, restaurant folk, farmers, fishermen.

School district folk can be replaced with an algorithm, they still collect our tax money and don’t wanna do squat...Cowards ! Not only are they afraid of Kung-Flu but the BLM curriculum coming your child’s way is despicable. Stay current on affairs people.

I’m of the mind of the fella up yonder tipping $10 on a donut, probably helps them.
      You are not a very intelligent person and I have never met you but if I did I would probably whoop your azz.......just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
        That's like the person that cuts your hair having tip jar at their station. I'm paying for a haircut, I'm not getting served drinks and food. Why I quit going to the chain type hair places.
        You ever stood on your feet for 10 hours a day armed with a pair of scissors and a comb trying to make ugly sumbucks like me look presentable?

imma tip that girl for sho!

I've seen me with a bad haircut, and it ain't pretty!

My girl in Florida opened up her shop for me on Sunday twice during the pandemic.

We're like family, but she knew when she drove up there to cut one head, that there was going to be a very nice tip, like always.

Comment

Cashiers, busboy/dishwasher/food runners should all be tipped out af the end of shift by waitstaff. everyone should have a little skin in the game. Asking for tips is tasteless.

Comment

That's like the person that cuts your hair having tip jar at their station. I'm paying for a haircut, I'm not getting served drinks and food. Why I quit going to the chain type hair places.

Guess I have had too many bad hair cuts. I find someone that does a good job I’m tipping for sure so I get a repeat good job next time.

Comment

Overtipping for great service, always. Overtipping to make someone's day, often. Numerous times during this ridiculous lockdown I have tipped $50 on a lunch for myself or $100 if it was my wife and I having dinner at a casual local place. I have so much respect for those folks who came back to work when the restaurants opened back up with limited capacity. They could have been sitting at home making more money but they got up and went to work!
              That said, the tip jar in front of a register for a cashier strikes me the same as a panhandler on a street corner for some reason. Maybe Im missing something here though.

Comment

I work in a Compressor station that keeps Natural Gas going to power plants. PM me for my address and mail tips to me!! Thanks in advance. <sarcasm for those who are wondering>
                From the power plant side... thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  You are not a very intelligent person and I have never met you but if I did I would probably whoop your azz.......just saying.
                  You ain’t gonna whoop nuthin
                  Last edited by Johnny44; 08-02-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    I don’t even begin to know where to start processing this statement. What’s this algorithm you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    A computer program for learning if the teachers ain’t gonna fight to open schools or resist the current climate. Fact is a kid can learn more from reading themselves than most schools these days. I just don’t care to pay tax money for education but the kids aren’t receiving it. I feel a waitress deserves that money currently.

I think some of you fail to realize “we are at war”, the most important words spoken at the Trump campaign of 2016 by Marcus Luttrell.

Don’t really care if folk like my opinion.
                    Last edited by Johnny44; 08-02-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      Careful now, this is the same guy that got rushed in a bathroom stall pooping, and whooped a man's arse!

Comment

Many times I not only tip the wait staff but even the cook

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          You ever stood on your feet for 10 hours a day armed with a pair of scissors and a comb trying to make ugly sumbucks like me look presentable?

My girl in Florida opened up her shop for me on Sunday twice during the pandemic.

We're like family, but she knew when she drove up there to cut one head, that there was going to be a very nice tip, like always.
                          My hair cut cost $32 and I round it up to $40

The pizza place has a tip jar for the cooks in the kitchen I usually don’t tip the kitchen staff ( the owner should pay the back of the house a decent wage)

Take out gets a tip when they make a effort to show me the order is correct and complete
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-02-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

I'm on my feet for 12 hours in a job I chose to do as well. I've never been tipped, nor do I expect to. My issue with that is they are making a wage, getting paid per cut, or actually own the chair and getting every dollar they make in that spot minus a per head fee. If she fixes me a cup of coffee, I might consider it. I don't go to the meat market and ask which butcher cut the steaks I chose to give him a tip.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Guess I have had too many bad hair cuts. I find someone that does a good job I’m tipping for sure so I get a repeat good job next time.
                              The difference in a bad haircut and a good one is about 3-4 days growth, or a cap. If she did a good job, I'll be a repeat customer.

tip her once, then you get a bad cut and you're expected to tip everytime then.

Comment

Originally posted by BDKett View Post
                                From the power plant side... thank you sir.
                                Lol!!! No problem.

Don't take any wooden nickels....there's your tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X