No announcement yet.

Anyone done a stock tank pool DIY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my pump, I had to hole saw two holes for suction and discharge for the pump. I added a valve in the drain plug for easy draining.

Comment

Not as a pool per se but I have a 6' galvanized trough that I'll fill up and either soak in when its hot out or i'll use it as a cryo tub after a serious workout. Works great

Comment

Tractor Supply sales the 8-foot poly tank. We special-ordered the 9-foot tank.

Comment

I saw this on FB.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            I saw this on FB.
            I'm pretty sure that is the same thing my wife saw and wants me to replicate. I told her she could have the tank, an umbrella, and couple chairs, but there ain't no way I'm building a deck. Let's see how that works out for me, lol.

Comment

Man that galvanized one brings back memories. We had one we'd set up in the shade and swim in it for a few days until the water got so gross you couldn't see bottom. Then we'd drain, fill and repeat.

Comment

I bought a stock tank a few years ago and was the best $400 I have spent at the ranch and the kids spend more time in it then the pool at the house . I could never find the pump in stock and just fill mine with cold well water each day .

Comment

We built a small deck around a concrete pila that’s filled by a solar well.

I put chlorine tablets in a cheap floater to keep the algae down, but on an average day 1000+/- gallons of water are pumped in the tank, so not sure the chlorine is doing much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did one on an 8' poly tank we've have since 2011 drought for watering cattle. All we have done is a chlorine tablet floater and we use a small cheap transfer pump to circulate the water for a couple hrs a day. We just use a pool net to scoop out debris. It has stayed pretty clear now for a couple weeks. If it gets bad we'll jist drain and refill. I didn't want to cut holes to put a filter system in because we may need it again one day for watering cattle.

Comment

I bought the pump and every thing I need to install it last November, was going to build mine just before summer and then the covid hit. Stock tanks are few and far between right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X