350 Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350 Legend

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Anyone reloading yet?

I had one for 2 weeks, if you plan on shooting factory ammo it is a great round. It would take 3 pages to discuss my one attemot at reloading for it. Do some Google searching on castbullets.com and a few other sights, my experience was the same as theirs.

Comment

Maybe when I hunt Ohio next I’ll get one.

Comment

I was really close to building an AR pistol in that caliber. Would have if I had not scored a deal on TBH on my 300BO upper.

I liked It over the 300BO for a truck and brush gun for pigs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one and shot some hill country deer with it using the 180 grain factory load.

Comment

Isn’t the 350 Legend the same as a 357maxium?

Comment

I’ve got an unfired Ruger boot for sale[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

buddy has one and has already taken several animals with it including multiple hogs and at least one auodad,, he has been reloading his for a few months now,, he says it is very accurate

Comment

I built an AR in this caliber. Have not shot any live critters yet, but it is a tack driver on paper, as in 3 shots touching at 100 yards. I used the lightest stuff I could find for the assembly, so it is easy to tote. When I shoot it enough to be sure of function it will wind up wearing the thermal. I've had no issues yet, I just don't want to find a problem in the field with pigs in front of me.

Comment

It seems like a cool round. Just a few extra steps to reload and more chances to damage brass. But would be fun. I think casting big sub sonics would be cool for hunting to.

Comment

Back up.

Anyone else have experience with this round?

Comment

I seriously thought about getting one, they are supposed to be a rimless 357 Maximum. The round has the same case diameter and case head diameter as a 223/5.56. So common 5.56 mags should work for the round, along with common bolts and bolt carriers. My thinking is that since the case diameter is the same as a 223 case, you should be able to get 30 rounds of 350 Legend in a 5.56 mag, can't come close to that round count with a 458 SOCOM. If what I have read, that it is basically a rimless 357 Maximum. Then it should make a very good deer or pig gun. A 357 Maximum out of a 10" barrel is a pretty serious caliber. So out of a 16" barrel, it should be moving along pretty good.

If I pick up some more AR receivers, I would like to build one. Should be noticeably flatter shooting than my 458 SOCOM out to 200 yards.

Comment

I built one last October, and have used it exclusively for my night vision/hog gun. I have been very pleased with the round. FMJ's can be had for 9-10 bucks a box with hunting rounds anywhere from 15-22. It has put a hurtin on pretty much every pig I have shot. I just ordered some sub-sonic rounds, really curious to see how they preform and sound with my suppressor.

Comment

Cajun Ginger just ordered an upper in 10.5". I'm excited to see it put together.

I had planned on doing the build but got a deal I couldn't pass on a 300BO upper. My 300 BO has been great. But man that 350 is going to be a hammer!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a question and I am legitimately asking the question. Why would you select the 350 legend over a caliber like the 6.5 Grendel when hunting in an area where you aren't round restricted? The Grendel is a 300 fps faster round and the Legend only has 70 ftlbs of energy at the muzzle but after about 50 yards the Grendel passes it in energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X