No announcement yet.

Deleted diesel inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody send me a PM on where to get my 16 Ram Deleted in the Central Texas area. I'm in Waco

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

If it is straight piped it fails. Must have emission components installed. Now if someone say has the DPF hollowed out how is an inspector to know? Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
        If it is straight piped it fails. Must have emission components installed. Now if someone say has the DPF hollowed out how is an inspector to know? Just saying.

It will be noticeably louder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just watched the inspection place check my diesel... he drove it around slamming on the brakes then had the guys check all the lights and blinkers. He then handed me the passed inspection report... I haven’t deleted mine but definitely thinking about it. I would imagine if you roll in blowing smoke there could be a problem but it’s supposed to be a safety check.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            I assume you are talking to me.
            No emission testing in the state of Texas. But more and more places are doing visual checks as they are starting to crack down. Not sure if they have taken it upon them selves or were told to.
            I have heard from several about DPS and HPD looking under diesel vehicles if they are loud or putting out smoke.
            I know a shop personally that got a $20k fine for doing deletes.
            Gotcha, I thought it was up to the county but I looked into it and you are right. I have not heard of the police or DPS spending much time doing checks. I have heard that the EPA is going through the records at diesel shops and is fining them for removing emissions equipment. The shop you reference that got fined was more than likely fined by the EPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              It will be noticeably louder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
              You can put in a resonator to help with it but yes it will be louder but I am not sure if anyone would be the wiser.

Comment

My truck is deleted and tuned....takes the inspection guy about 3 mins to put a sticker on it...

Comment

I think it is like seat belts were. They were slow to fully enforce the law, some places quicker than others, now it is fully enforced. I think we are in the gray zone for inspections on deleted trucks now, a few places enforce but a lot don't. But full enforcement is coming, will it be a year or ten, who knows. But they now have a system in place that if you fail an inspection, you go into a database and can't just take someplace else like you used to. I saw that that with a guy w tinted windows recently when I got mine inspected. He had been failed someplace and he was arguing with the guy at the second place that it came from the dealer like that, so it should be good. Inspection guy was like, it is a bad day to be you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    You can put in a resonator to help with it but yes it will be louder but I am not sure if anyone would be the wiser.

I kept the factory resonator/muffler on mine but it’s nowhere near as quiet as a stock one with everything in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Driven three deleted trucks over the last 10 years with no problems. I’ve got a 2018 F250 now that will be deleted as soon as the warranty is gone. Never had a problem with inspections. I will keep the stock stuff off of this one just incase they start cracking down on it. I never trade anything in so I’m not real worried about that aspect. You make more selling outright anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X