Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Taxidermists & Fellow Hunters ($1,000 reward)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful beast sir! I sure hope he pops out come spring. I remember all the great stories Tuthdoc used to tell about the JUNCO. Definitely a magical place to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
      To those that have said positive things, thank you, I truly appreciate it!!

I did not expect this to be a controversial post on here or social media. I’m just glad some of us aren’t as unhappy in our lives, to have to post really negative feedback, to a perfect stranger, who is just asking other hunters to keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have no idea why this thread is controversial on any way. I had a big deer drop off the map. I watched for pics to show up. Eventually another tbher saw pics of him on facebook. And txt me. Turns out the deer was taken legally by another hunter but I did get closure.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 02-12-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Best of luck, as most have said, no reason to feel bad about reaching out and trying to find a deer.

We collared deer on 28,000 acres and had a hard enough time finding the collar with telemetry so I can only imagine the exponential degree of difficulty finding this deer on nearly twice the size and S TX brush.

Hopefully he got smart and "forgot" about the feed pen and trough and is still planting his "seeds" in the female portion of the herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
          To those that have said positive things, thank you, I truly appreciate it!!

I did not expect this to be a controversial post on here or social media. I’m just glad some of us aren’t as unhappy in our lives, to have to post really negative feedback, to a perfect stranger, who is just asking other hunters to keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly hope you get some closure. Hopefully you find him alive. I’m not surprised there are a few negative comments on here. It’s nothing compared to Facebook. You’re getting absolutely roasted on there. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Thanks for adding nothing relative to the man's post except to get your little soapbox speech off your chest
            Captain Save A HO! Is that you? Mr. White Knight!

I did not realize only one view point was supposed to be posted on this forum.

I find it ridiculous that a grown man is beside himself because a deer that he trained to come into a feeder on a daily basis stopped coming around.

If someone did poach the deer I hope they get caught and go to jail.

It's 70 square miles inside the guy's pen. That is a lot of ground to cover to find a rack. It could be laying under any of that scrub and you would walk right past it and never see it with a drone.

As I stated, it doesn't bother me if y'all shoot baited deer in a pen(except for the fact non hunters hate it which goes against real hunters that do real hunting and it helps spread CWD). It ain't hunting though. Just at P&Y and B&C.

Comment

Like others have said 45K acres is quite a bit of land, he is either still around or you guys will stumble upon his dead head one day. hope hes still roaming. Was his normal go to spot near property border where poacher could see him I assume no border fence has been damaged or cut?

Comment

Expressing an opinion is fine. Being a p rick isn't. Move along.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

I find it ridiculous that a grown man is beside himself because a deer that he trained to come into a feeder on a daily basis stopped coming around.

It's 70 square miles inside the guy's pen. That is a lot of ground to cover to find a rack. It could be laying under any of that scrub and you would walk right past it and never see it with a drone.

As I stated, it doesn't bother me if y'all shoot baited deer in a pen(except for the fact non hunters hate it which goes against real hunters that do real hunting and it helps spread CWD). It ain't hunting though. Just at P&Y and B&C.

Is there a Georgiabowhunter.com you could start visiting with this? or better yet...start one ...??

Comment

good luck

Comment

What a dumb azz. Move along

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Is there a Georgiabowhunter.com you could start visiting with this? or better yet...start one ...??
                        no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

Come on man. You are on a TEXAS hunting forum that you obviously enjoy respect it and don’t give us Georgia boys a bad look. Every one doesnt it do it YOUR way. Hope you get some closure OP. And fellow green screeners this is not how we as a majority do it down here.

Didn’t you say that you don’t hunt anymore anyways REAL hunter??
                          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 02-12-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I hope your deer turns up. Don’t pay attention to the haters, they are just envious of your hunting ground!

Comment

Best of luck...

Comment

Good luck getting some information and I agree with several that I wouldn't lose hope that this deer just shifted his space for some reason.

I also can't believe some of the keyboard kings that lack that basic behavioral skill set to just move one if you have nothing decent to add to what was a very clear ask.......

Comment

Working...
                                X