No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about risk of heart attack from all of that fat clogging your arteries, not to mention cancer risk?

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
      What about risk of heart attack from all of that fat clogging your arteries, not to mention cancer risk?

My cholesterol and BP went down... kind of counterintuitive. Your body starts treating fats differently than when you are on the carb cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        The blender is emulsify the oils, they won't stay that way but the blender keeps them long enough to get the first few sips down without the butter/coconut oil blast.
        Nutribullet works well for me.

Comment

64 to 62 usually. Feels good.

Comment

How do y'all get the right salt intake? I've been on keto a couple of weeks and have passed the keto flu stage, but I still have a small lingering headaches. I'm assuming because I'm not getting enough salt in my diet. I'm trying to drink a beef broth each day but getting tired of them. any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              How do y'all get the right salt intake? I've been on keto a couple of weeks and have passed the keto flu stage, but I still have a small lingering headaches. I'm assuming because I'm not getting enough salt in my diet. I'm trying to drink a beef broth each day but getting tired of them. any suggestions?

Kick up your hydration up some too. That was what was causing my headaches for years (not Keto related)
              As far as electrolytes, I use various salts in the kitchen (lite salt included for the potassium chloride), a daily multivitamin, and a drink made by "Mio" that is essentially a carb/calorie free sports drink.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Kick up your hydration up some too. That was what was causing my headaches for years (not Keto related)
                As far as electrolytes, I use various salts in the kitchen (lite salt included for the potassium chloride), a daily multivitamin, and a drink made by "Mio" that is essentially a carb/calorie free sports drink.

What about pickles and pickle juice? Yummy!

Comment

I made some low carb biscuits last night. I figured they were just for me. My kids ate them all up. Said they tasted just like the biscuits at Red Lobster. I used this recipe. https://snapguide.com/guides/make-low-carb-biscuits/ Added more cheese than they said too.

Comment

I like a couple of lines with water and salt... in addition to the multi vitamin I do a potassium and magnesium supplement every other day

Comment

The rule of thumb is 2 additional teaspoons of salt to what you were eating before the diet. I use sea salt and pink salt, but also take supplementation and drink propel in my water.
                      A word of caution about your headaches. Make sure you are not teetering between low carb and ketosis. If your adding to many carbs on certain days you may be kicking yourself in and out and that will give you that feeling too. I know I have to go by total carbs, not net carbs. I cut out all the Atkins bars or anything with sugar alcohol and it solved my problems. Total carbs, not net carbs. Try that.

Comment

Also, don't forget the Magnesium supplements as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          The rule of thumb is 2 additional teaspoons of salt to what you were eating before the diet. I use sea salt and pink salt, but also take supplementation and drink propel in my water.
                          A word of caution about your headaches. Make sure you are not teetering between low carb and ketosis. If your adding to many carbs on certain days you may be kicking yourself in and out and that will give you that feeling too. I know I have to go by total carbs, not net carbs. I cut out all the Atkins bars or anything with sugar alcohol and it solved my problems. Total carbs, not net carbs. Try that.
                          Yea I'm probably kicking myself in and out and I'm sure that's contributing to it as well. I'm also cramping up often which is why I ask about the salt. Mostly in my calves because I just moved into a 2 story house so have done a LOT of up and down stairs lately. I think I'm going to pick up some supplements and start them. Dang cramps in the middle of the night suck!

Comment

Video: Salt/hydration and couple other things

Went back and found this video that does a great job of explaining why we get dehydrated on this diet. If your in ketosis I would follow Thomas, he has a lot of great information.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKLvz0627Q&t=355s"]Ketogenic Diet: Top 3 Ketosis Tips for Results: Thomas DeLauer - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Weighed in for week 2 this morning and a bit disappointing at 9.5lbs (was 8 after wk 1) but I'm staying with it. Been lifting hard and am very sore and getting some cramping so it's time to hit the store for supplements. I know I need some potassium and possibly magnesium.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                Weighed in for week 2 this morning and a bit disappointing at 9.5lbs (was 8 after wk 1) but I'm staying with it. Been lifting hard and am very sore and getting some cramping so it's time to hit the store for supplements. I know I need some potassium and possibly magnesium.

Potassium, magnesium, and sodium intake need to go up. I've gotten to where I can really judge my sodium needs by taste. When my levels are low, salt tastes so frickin good. When I've got enough sodium, the taste can get pretty overpowering quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X