Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    I mostly referring to the vegetables choices and fruit. I really don't like any fruit and just the basic viggies. Beans patatos corn spinach rice .
    Is there somewhere that has a list of all the stuff you can and can't have?
    I'm also hypoglycemic when my blood sugar drops I get the shakes and jetters real bad until I eat something sweet. Will that be a problem or will the diet level it out.
    What app are y'all using, I have an Android phone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Here are some guides on what to eat.
    What are the top low-carb foods and what should you avoid? What are the greatest low-carb breakfasts? The most common mistakes? Here's the complete guide, with simple visual guides, food lists, and all the low-carb recipes and meal plans you'll ever need. We make low carb simple and delicious.

I would check with a doctor before starting.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      I mostly referring to the vegetables choices and fruit. I really don't like any fruit and just the basic viggies. Beans patatos corn spinach rice .
      Is there somewhere that has a list of all the stuff you can and can't have?
      I'm also hypoglycemic when my blood sugar drops I get the shakes and jetters real bad until I eat something sweet. Will that be a problem or will the diet level it out.
      What app are y'all using, I have an Android phone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      I use My Fitness Pal as well. If you buy, say a package of lunch meat, you can scan it and it automatically gives you all the nutritional details...makes it really easy. Once you get rolling, you develop a feel for things to enjoy and things to avoid.

You can also create & add your own meals. Lets say you want a 10 ounce ribeye, 4 ounces of longhorn cheddar, and 6 ounces of cream spinach....once you put all that in there you can make that combo again next time you crave it and all the prep-work in MFP is already done.

Like you, i'm not a big fruit and veggie guy. You have to stay away from fruits b/c they are loaded with sugar. What I miss the most is the Pinto Beans I make (but I transition off of Keto during deer season so I save them for hunting camp).

The hardest part about the Keto diet is getting started. In order for you to maximize your weight loss you need to be diligent about tracking your macros (grams of fat, carbs, protein, etc). Once you practice that it becomes second nature.

I guess i'm a lucky one. I never got the "keto flu" like some people get. I occasionally get keto headaches but I see it as a sign I'm doing something right.

Funny thing is I often dream I've eaten something high in carbs (pasta, pizza, etc) and wake up PIZZED until I realize it was just a dream. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        When you're doing IF do you get crazy excited energy rush all the way up to the 1st meal? Seems like my system goes into overdrive until I eat.
        Yes, after I got used to no coffee until 10am, I definitely experience that.

Comment

I use Cronometer when I track, which isn't very often. It tracks micronutrients as well, so you know how you're doing from a nutritional standpoint. Examples would be your omega 3/omega 6 ratio, B12, potassium, and calcium.

Someone mentioned potatoes, corn, beans, rice-these aren't vegetables. Spinach is HIGHLY nutrient dense and a great choice. I try to focus on cruciferous vegetables and leafy greens. Pretty easy to love when cooked in healthy fats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Checking in, in ketosis for about 6 days now. Checking it out and learning all I can so I can recommend it to my patients I feel may benefit from a ketogenic diet. I have been on low carb diet for over a year so it was an easy transfer for me with nothing but a couple small headaches. After 1 month, I'm going to IF with the 16/8 ratio and see how I feel. So far so good.

Great job to everyone who has lost weight with this diet.

Comment

I was going thru "keto flu" this past New Year's Eve when I had the buck I had been targeting all show up at the feeder. I honestly almost didn't get my bow drawn back because I was so weak feeling. Took several tries but I finally got drawn and killed him. Man....I honestly thought something was wrong with my bow! Keep after it and you'll love it when the water and fat start coming off.

predatorsniper

Comment

I just finished week 2 Monday . Down 10lbs . So far it has been easy for me to follow .

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                  Checking in, in ketosis for about 6 days now. Checking it out and learning all I can so I can recommend it to my patients I feel may benefit from a ketogenic diet. I have been on low carb diet for over a year so it was an easy transfer for me with nothing but a couple small headaches. After 1 month, I'm going to IF with the 16/8 ratio and see how I feel. So far so good.

Great job to everyone who has lost weight with this diet.

IF works great with keto. Plus, once you're 100% adapted, it's easy.

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
                  I was going thru "keto flu" this past New Year's Eve when I had the buck I had been targeting all show up at the feeder. I honestly almost didn't get my bow drawn back because I was so weak feeling. Took several tries but I finally got drawn and killed him. Man....I honestly thought something was wrong with my bow! Keep after it and you'll love it when the water and fat start coming off.

predatorsniper
                  Were you taking in enough salt and magnesium? That helps prevent those symptoms.

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  I just finished week 2 Monday . Down 10lbs . So far it has been easy for me to follow .
                  Congrats! Keep on dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post

That is awesome man. It will even out. You'll have weeks where you stall and dont lose any weight and then other weeks where you lose more than expected. Just keep plodding along.

Also, take your measurements. Even though you may not lose weight for a week or 2, i'm willing to bet you'll still lose inches during those times.

Comment

Intermittent Fasting

For you IF guys, what is generally your first meal when coming out of a 16 hour fast or a fast in general?

Comment

As I read through this thread and see all of the strong "clinical" views, it sure would be nice to see where everyone received their education on the topic.

Like...

"Putting butter in my coffee is better than eating a balanced breakfast."

- learned this from YouTube, Facebook, and Joe Rogan

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                          As I read through this thread and see all of the strong "clinical" views, it sure would be nice to see where everyone received their education on the topic.

Like...

from all the infomercials on facebook, where else?

its funny to go through facebook and see all the "KETO" pushers and their standard response of "PM ME" everytime someone asks a question about the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                            For you IF guys, what is generally your first meal when coming out of a 16 hour fast or a fast in general?
                            I fast from 6pm until 10am.

At 10am I have a couple cups of coffee with cream or 1/2 & 1/2 and liquid splenda.

At about 11:30 I have my full keto lunch & a small low carb desert for my sweet tooth

At about 3:30 I have a small keto snack. Chesse, deli meat, almonds, etc
                            At about 5:30 I have dinner. Grilled pork chops, chicken fajitas, t-bone, etc

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              from all the infomercials on facebook, where else?

its funny to go through facebook and see all the "KETO" pushers and their standard response of "PM ME" everytime someone asks a question about the stuff.

Not sure who stated the butter coffee vs. balanced breakfast thing came from but perhaps they meant it tasted better. It is REALLY good coffee. But also, the whole "Balanced Breakfast" and "Most important meal of the day" thing came from a cereal manufacturer back in the day. I think it was Kellog and he was trying to boost his sales....it worked.

Comment

If someone ask you how to change a tire could you tell them? Are you an ASE certified mechanic? I think most of us are capable of reading literature and educating ourselves on a subject.

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post

Like...

Comment

Working...
                                X