Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mass shooting this time in California

If already posted disregard

A former Marine -- armed with a Glock 21 .45-caliber handgun with an illegal extended magazine -- opened fire on a packed California country music bar Wednesday night, killing 12 people, including a veteran sheriff's sergeant nearing retirement, officials said.

Do have comments to add but think it’s best to wait for more facts to come out
    Last edited by awry; 11-08-2018, 07:31 AM.

Terrible....prayers sent to the families.

Comment

Gun free zone.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Gun free zone.
        Pretty sure all bars are. Prayers for the victims.

Comment

Dressed all in black with his face covered as well? Sounds like Antifa.

Comment

I'll say it. Country college night. So likely conservative students. Some if which survived the last Vegas shooting (another country music event). Suspect dressed in all black and executing people.

Not likely the suspects motive will get much media attention. Just like the softball field shooter or the Las Vegas shooter.

Comment

In California:

1. There’s a 10 day waiting period to purchase a handgun on top of an FBI background check.
              2. Ammunition can only be sold by a licensed vendor and ammunition cannot be driven from outside state lines.
              3. Unless one has a carry license, ammunition must stay separate from the handgun during transport.
              4. All handguns sold have to be approved by the California DOJ unless the purchaser is law enforcement.
              5. The maximum magazine capacity is 10 rounds. Any higher is a felony.

Some folks just dont get it....

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Pretty sure all bars are. Prayers for the victims.
                Let me spell it out for you then. He knew he would not encounter anyone armed, just like all the rest of these cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I'll say it. Country college night. So likely conservative students. Some if which survived the last Vegas shooting (another country music event). Suspect dressed in all black and executing people.

Not likely the suspects motive will get much media attention. Just like the softball field shooter or the Las Vegas shooter.
                  In the pictures of kids that were there, I saw a Reagan/Bush shirt and a Black Rifle Coffee hoodie. I think you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Absolutely my first thought too.

Comment

I didn't think of the Chew angle but it holds water.

My first thought was an evil, suicidal coward looking for attention. Knowing he was going into a safe operating environment where no one would shoot back.

Terribly sad for the families of all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        In California:

1. There’s a 10 day waiting period to purchase a handgun on top of an FBI background check.
                        2. Ammunition can only be sold by a licensed vendor and ammunition cannot be driven from outside state lines.
                        3. Unless one has a carry license, ammunition must stay separate from the handgun during transport.
                        4. All handguns sold have to be approved by the California DOJ unless the purchaser is law enforcement.
                        5. The maximum magazine capacity is 10 rounds. Any higher is a felony.

Some folks just dont get it....

Those laws are only the tip of the iceberg.

#2- I can’t order from Midway and ship to my home. All ammo at BassPro is behind locked cabinets. Restrictions on quantities in the law, plus future background check to purchase. Restrictions on retailers will csuse them to cease selling ammo.

#3- Concealed carry permits are decided by the Sheriff on a county by county basis. Here, no way. An hour away in Monterey Cty they require a psychiatric examination and they interview neighbors. Other counties it’s easy. Concealable firearms can’t be accessible and must be unloaded. Usually means a locked container. Surprising, legal to throw my rifle or shotgun unloaded in the back seat.

There’s 100+ more absurd laws on the books.

That’s a tragedy in SoCal.

My questions are:

If this shows we need ‘common sense gun laws’, why weren’t they passed with this year’s new gun laws?

At what point will they realize that it’s the evil/ sick person and not the firearm?

What guns? They fell out of a boat in SF Bay before the law required the loss be reported to the police.

I’m outta here next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shooter was 28 white male heavily tatted. No ID released yet. It was country western night with line dancing. Pickups and jeans people. There were 5.2 million votes for Trump in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post

What guns? They fell out of a boat in SF Bay before the law required the loss be reported to the police.
                            I heard about that - sorry for your lose.

Comment

Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean identified the alleged shooter as Ian David Long, 28, who lived in the area, and he said Long was armed with a single Glock handgun that had an “extendedmagazine” that would allow it to hold more than the standard number of 10 bullets.

Long, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, is believed to have killed himself, Dean said, adding that a motive for the crime was not known.

Long had been visited by the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office’s mental health team, CBS2 reported. Neighbors told ABC7 Long suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.

Comment

Working...
                              X