Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont sniff the gulf!

Comment

Well great, another possible flood at my place. 43" in June of '15, 48" in April of '16, 53" in June of '16 and Harvey gave us 55"..........

Maybe I can talk my wife into moving to our place in Colorado?

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        Don't know how accurate/reliable the CMC model is, but it has Issac passing through the Yucatan slot.

[ATTACH]924003[/ATTACH]

Link
        Space acid rocks!

Comment

Just not seeing where any models are bringing this to Houston at this point. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
            Just not seeing where any models are bringing this to Houston at this point. Am I missing something?

I dont see any at this time, however the east side of a land falling system on the Texas coast is the wet side of the storm

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              I dont see any at this time, however the east side of a land falling system on the Texas coast is the wet side of the storm

That’s true. Hopefully there is not a strong high pressure system keeping it from moving out of the area once it makes landfall like happened with Harvey. My home flooded in Harvey so even outside chances of a system in the area get my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                Lots of great sites linked here but ^^^that one is slick!

Comment

Have a scheduled dove hunt around Pearsall this weekend. Talked to the outfitter and he said there are tons of birds and that scattered showers should be no big deal and we should still have a good hunt. I would hate to pay for a hotel, plus hunting fee, only to be in the truck all evening. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    Have a scheduled dove hunt around Pearsall this weekend. Talked to the outfitter and he said there are tons of birds and that scattered showers should be no big deal and we should still have a good hunt. I would hate to pay for a hotel, plus hunting fee, only to be in the truck all evening. Hmmm.

You ain’t gonna melt.

Had one of my best ever bird hunts outside of Crystal City and it rained the entire hunt.

Comment

Berger Update:

Good afternoon and evening. I wanted to offer a quick update on Houston’s rain situation, as well as Invest 95L. Tonight through Thursday The Flash Flood Watch that had been in effect for the…

Good evening. I wanted to throw up a quick post to get you the latest on the Gulf tropical system for later this week. Here are the key takeaways:

* Risk of a depression or weak to moderate tropical storm in the Gulf have grown since this morning.
                      * But based on all data we have today, the track of this system is likely to stay to the south of Houston, closer to the Corpus Christi area.
                      * Impacts will occur well away from the center of the system, and in Houston that will likely mean primarily some rainfall on Friday and Saturday.
                      * Locally heavy rain is possible along the coast and mainly to the south of Houston. Widespread flooding is *not* anticipated at this time.
                      * Whatever this disturbance does, it will likely keep moving inland over the weekend, away from Southeast Texas.
                      * Yes, this forecast can change, so stay tuned just in case, but this is what we've got to work with now.

Comment

what are the chances of 95L making it to Just west of San Angelo and parking there for a few days?

Comment

Potential Tropical Development

If you have a lot of birds and good solid ground to hunt them on (ie not a plowed field. Of black gumbo.. or you have dog, I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt in the rain. Take a popup canopy and paint it tan or green. Walmart sells a 4x6 for $35. TBHers lsmith did this when we needed it for the sun in soTX. We killed 5 limits under it and near it.

Last edited by Smart; 09-11-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hopefully it won’t be too bad. Heading to the ranch in Falfurrias for opening weekend of dove hunting.

Comment

The only question is "how many can you kill if you don't go?"

The rain can mess it up for sure, but it's my opinion that some scattered rain will help you 50% of the time. Downpours are not much fun, but take a pop up shade hootus, small grill, and a full cooler and make the best of it, is generally the way to go.

Comment

I’m in Rock Hill, SC tonight and the Hotel is packed with evacuees. Flying back tomorrow and hope we don’t have a Hurricane on the Texas Coast this weekend. This is a crazy tropical season.

Comment

Working...
                                X